New Everton Stadium

Probably worth mentioning it's part of a list of 14 which will be reduced to 10.

Not too confident they'll keep ours as they won't want upset the other countries.

1. Liverpool Everton Stadium
2. Birmingham Villa Park
3. London London Stadium

4. London Tottenham Hotspur Stadium
5. London Wembley Stadium
6. Manchester City of Manchester Stadium
7. Newcastle St James' Park
8. Sunderland Stadium of Light
9. Trafford Old Trafford

10. Dublin Dublin Arena
11. Dublin Croke Park
12. Belfast Casement Park Stadium
13. Glasgow Hampden Park
14. Cardiff National Stadium of Wales

Put in bold the ones I would take out.

Don't know about that, Croke Park is the third biggest stadium in Europe and second on that list & Casement Park isn't built yet amid years of wobblily planning and political infighting.

Probably worth mentioning it's part of a list of 14 which will be reduced to 10.

Not too confident they'll keep ours as they won't want upset the other countries.

2. Birmingham Villa Park
3. London London Stadium

9. Trafford Old Trafford

10. Dublin Dublin Arena
11. Dublin Croke Park
13. Glasgow Hampden Park

I always thought no footy was allowed at croke park

I always thought no footy was allowed at croke park

Well its an issue that will be brought to GAA congress or central council and likely passed, we did it before back in the noughties when Rugby and Football where allowed to play their when Lansdowne Road was rebuilt. A testimonial for Liam Miller was also recently played in Pairc Ui Chaoimh. So should be grand unless its slap bang in the middle of GAA intercounty season.

Casement Park is a GAA ground to incidentally.

2. Birmingham Villa Park
3. London London Stadium

9. Trafford Old Trafford

10. Dublin Dublin Arena
11. Dublin Croke Park
13. Glasgow Hampden Park

But....but....but....worrabout the neighbours? They've had a new extension n'everything!!!!!

lollollollol

Well its an issue that will be brought to the GAA congress or central council and likely passed, we did it before back in the noughties when Rugby and Football where allowed to play there when Lansdowne Road was rebuilt. A testional for Liam Miller was also recently played in Pairc Ui Chaoimh. So should be grand unless its slap bang in the middle of GAA intercounty season.

Casement Park is a GAA ground incidentally.
Letting the English rugby union scum in was a disgrace. A desecration.

Letting the English rugby union scum in was a disgrace. A desecration.

Was all for it personally, all Irish men at the end of the day and im very involved in the GAA.

Brian O Driscoll was a more then handy Gaelic footballer, a lot of the Rugby lads were to - huge losses to Gaelic Games. I had a bit of skin in the game as well as i played ball with some of the Irish football internationals at the time as well when we were coming up in and around Dublin, so was friendly enough with some of them and knew what it meant to them all good lids. Something very spiritual and meaningful about Croke Park for Irish people and it meant a lot to the Football and rugby lads - they were all in tears. Our own Seamus would have won an All Ireland with Donegal in 2012 if he hadn't turned pro footballer, so it would have meant spades to him to play there.

I think segregation does more harm to Gaelic games then not, for example when i was coming up, i played Rugby, Football and Gaelic football. If i played Rugby or Football and it was found out, i wouldn't be picked for the Gaelic Football team - many a good lad lost to the games because of that. Thankfully its different these days.

Last edited:

2. Birmingham Villa Park
3. London London Stadium

9. Trafford Old Trafford
10. Dublin Dublin Arena
11. Dublin Croke Park
13. Glasgow Hampden Park

Those 5 will never make the shortlist. No chance. I'd even rule out one of the two Manchester grounds because they wont have two stadiums in the one city catering to this event.

Everton's stadium will be nailed on. The city of Liverpool is the most successful football city in the country. It'd be unthinkable to have no games here.

Was all for it personally, all Irish men at the end of the day and im very involved in the GAA.

Brian O Driscoll was a more then handy Gaelic footballer, a lot of the Rugby lads were to - huge losses to Gaelic Games. I had a bit of skin in the game as well as i played ball with some of the Irish football internationals at the time as well coming up around Dublin, so was friendly enough and knew what it meant to them all good lids. Something very spiritual and meaningful about Croke Park for Irish people and it meant a lot to the Football and rugby lads - they were all in tears. Our own Seamus would have won an All Ireland with Donegal in 2012 if he hadn't turned pro footballer, so it would meant spades to him to play there.

I think segregation does more harm to Gaelic games then not, for example when i was coming up, i played Rugby, Football and Gaelic football. If i played Rugby or Football and it was found out, i wouldn't be picked for the Gaelic Football team - many a good lad lost to the games because of that. Thankfully its different these days.
Yeah, but just dont let the English in there.

Those 5 will never make the shortlist. No chance. I'd even rule out one of the two Manchester grounds because they wont have two stadiums in the one city catering to this event.

Everton's stadium will be nailed on. The city of Liverpool is the most successful football city in the country. It'd be unthinkable to have no games here.

I want to agree with you, but they'll want to have the stadiums spread out and can't have most of them in England.

Personally, I would get rid of Spurs (I'd have twickenham over it) - it's a paint to get in and out of it imo as like other London Stadium, it's squeezed in.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back