New Everton Stadium

Do people remember when we had standing and lots of pay at the gate, how attendances would vary game to game? You could have 25,000 one match then next game it'd be 50,000 plus. Times have changed it seems we can almost guarantee a sell out now.

My point however is when did it become the rule that whatever the capacity is that it must be full?

It is very strange. Likely the empty seats would be higher up and on TV it would look full anyhow. Some people got their knickers in a twist that we can't have any though.

Of course there is a happy medium. No point spending extra to build a 62k stadium when for 15 out of 19 games it will have 40k attendances. However I can almost say for certain we would sell out 7 to 8 games a season regardless of capacity and then say if we had of built a 62k stadium we'd have maybe another 5-6 games within a couple of thousand full and then the rest within 5k at the least.

If there is a prayer room it best not be catholic/

when ye scrapping in town drunk as you throw a haymaker ye make a hess Hess sound so all the birds and ye opponent think your a boxer
Prayer rooms in public buildings are by definition multi faith and are places of peace and quiet for private reflection whatever one's beliefs.

Why you feel the need to introduce such a jarring note is beyond me.

Prayer rooms in public buildings are by definition multi faith and are places of peace and quiet for private reflection whatever one's beliefs.

Why you feel the need to introduce such a jarring note is beyond me.
To be honest mate it was gona say catholic / Protestant sharing one as a joke but I didn’t finish it then posted it on accident with another comment

Just been for my induction,
yes-nod.gif

Would of liked it to be more just to take that dip out the middle of the north stand don’t like that bit at all
funny, I quite like that, breaks up the bland single height of the other 3 stands. It just makes it look interesting.
Unlike the Aviva in dublin which looks ridiculous where it dips down at the havelock square end.

funny, I quite like that, breaks up the bland single height of the other 3 stands. It just makes it look interesting.
Unlike the Aviva in dublin which looks ridiculous where it dips down at the havelock square end.
That’s wot it reminds me off obviously not as extreme I hope it doesn’t look soft

That’s wot it reminds me off obviously not as extreme I hope it doesn’t look soft
I think it'll look great actually (BMD not the Aviva).
Sitting in the east stand you'll probably be able to look over at the north stand and see the windmills just below the roof line!
Often times with architecture, site limitations lead to interesting and better designs. That's clearly the case for BMD.
In the case of the Aviva, the shadow restrictions on the homes in havelock square were just too constraining.

I went to the Emirates a few years back and I was just underwhelmed. It was almost too big, all the same and a really shallow rake.
I'd imagine london stadium is way worse and spurs stadium slightly better.

I think BMD will be the most interesting new large stadium anywhere. I'm also happy it's not gynormous. I've no doubt we could fill a 60k stadium but not for every game. And to put in 60k seats (forget about safe standing for a moment), we may have had to lose some of the character of the stadium.

52k is the sweet spot for an intimidating raucous atmosphere in a new stadium IMO

Should have been over 60,000 to start with. I'm sure they can manipulate upwards from 52,888. Just observing the construction how great would it be if they just added another tier on the west stand.

The problem with having one unified look roof is either you have to raise the whole lot by the height of the one tier which will obviously affect the atmosphere, or you have a break and a higher roof line on the one stand but it will mess that whole barrel effect Meis was going for.

I agree it is a feature that will help distinguish it from other stadia, one of my favorite pictures of the stadium i've seen is this one and I think it is because of the dip.

Screenshot_20230221_202048_Chrome.webp

I do think it looks best from the above angle though and doesn't look quite as good from the side stands...

Screenshot_20230222_031410_Gallery.webp

and that will probably look a bit more jarring the closer you are to the North stand too.

I don't think they fill Anfield that often. The camera doesn't seem to go on the new stand much . but I've seen big gaps and empty
rows at the back.
Not picking on them, just saying.

The problem with having one unified look roof is either you have to raise the whole lot by the height of the one tier which will obviously affect the atmosphere, or you have a break and a higher roof line on the one stand but it will mess that whole barrel effect Meis was going for.

I agree it is a feature that will help distinguish it from other stadia, one of my favorite pictures of the stadium i've seen is this one and I think it is because of the dip.

View attachment 205161

I do think it looks best from the above angle though and doesn't look quite as good from the side stands...

View attachment 205162

and that will probably look a bit more jarring the closer you are to the North stand too.
I haven't really paid much attention to the seating details but I don't like the lettering and "1878" as shown here. The way it is broken up by the aisles is a bit jarring. I would have preferred to see the Leitch pattern picked out between the aisles to give some symmetry in the design.

I have always found this sort of lettering pointless any way, everyone already knows whose stadium they are visiting.

Is there a reason other than the 'visual aspect' of that tier being dipped. I get the view of 'it breaks the standard height line'.

Just curious as surely it would have been simple enough to match it and gain a rough estimate of another 1000 or so seats?

I know 1000 is a relatively small number, but that could be another 1m revenue for a season ticket?

I know that's a very, very rough idea. But hope it puts my point across.

View attachment 205161

View attachment 205162

I would love if we could incorporate some of those blue & white St Andrews cross things we have on the front of the tiers of the stands at Goodison. Would give the new stadium a link to our past.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back