New Everton Stadium

Think it was the BATE Borisov game at home, and it was cold! really cold, I expect the wind direct in off the Irish sea in mid December will have a real chill factor. What orientation does BMD have in that is the lesser height stand backing onto the water or the city? I ask because are we funneling the weather into one stand? is it the away part? and if not can we alter it so certain aways will need scuba gear...

Both ends will have a glass that will stop the massive direct effects of the wind, that said it is still an open air building and some gusts will find there way in, mainly through the roof, so when it's cold it will be cold no doubt.

Going to/leaving the stadium will be far more problematic.

There was no room to go any further back. That stand is right on the limit of the boundary of UU.

They've borrowed us land just so trucks can get around the back of that stand while we are building it.
Ah that end is at that side of the site.

I wonder for the sake of 5-6 rows would it have it required going much further back?

I completely expect to be called a tool for expecting hovering seats, and rightly so.

Both ends will have a glass that will stop the massive direct effects of the wind, that said it is still an open air building and some gusts will find there way in, mainly through the roof, so when it's cold it will be cold no doubt.

Going to/leaving the stadium will be far more problematic.
passenger-hovercarft.jpg

Ah that end is at that side of the site.

I wonder for the sake of 5-6 rows would it have it required going much further back?

I completely expect to be called a tool for expecting hovering seats, and rightly so.

It could have been designed with an upper tier/roof that overhang onto their land but there would have had to have been the will for that to go ahead without legal proceedings. Probably would have added to the cost too.

Likewise they could have moved the whole stadium further south to allow the north to have more rows but then that would have reduced the size of the 'home' end or they would have to build it to overhang the water. As with most things at Everton what was easiest and cheaper probably came into play.

It could have been designed with an upper tier/roof that overhang onto their land but there would have had to have been the will for that to go ahead without legal proceedings. Probably would have added to the cost too.

Likewise they could have moved the whole stadium further south to allow the north to have more rows but then that would have reduced the size of the 'home' end or they would have to build it to overhang the water. As with most things at Everton what was easiest and cheaper probably came into play.
Yeah mate, literally not even enough room to add one more row. We'll be right on the edge of the boundary once the build is complete.

I assume, that it can go higher at the edges because that's purely where the stadium has already started to curve on the side.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back