New Everton Stadium

Just a feeling. Everything about the project seems so well managed, I think they might just have a bit of a surprise up their sleeve when the count comes in and it might go some way to placate those who said we needed 60,000. Interesting to hear the recent podcast with Dan Meis refer to the capacity as 55,000, not once but twice.

Would be nice but I don't think it will be any larger than what they've said. I guess we'll know within 6 to 9 months as presumably they will have to get the change to planning docs in well before it opens.

Ours will still not be as advanced as Spurs, given the amount of technology involved with theirs. The fit and finish is also very much top notch and likely to be several steps above ours - if that thing appeals to people. I think once the rest of the Liverpool Waters development has been finished then I agree we will have the better location.

You can't really bring in capacity and then give WHAM as an example because Spurs have the capacity AND a proper bowl arrangement. In the end these things are subjective and we are obviously going to be biased but they are ahead with a lot of metrics people judge a stadium by. I do believe ours has the more interesting exterior, but they have the better interior (both concourses and bowl).
I was watching some Youtube video about our stadium the other day, it was saying that our stadium will likely have a better atmosphere than theirs because the stands of ours are closer to the pitch and steeper, whereas Tottenham's was designed also with NFL in mind so has some characteristics that are more in line with an NFL stadium than a traditional football stadium.

No idea if that is true like.

Ours will still not be as advanced as Spurs, given the amount of technology involved with theirs. The fit and finish is also very much top notch and likely to be several steps above ours - if that thing appeals to people. I think once the rest of the Liverpool Waters development has been finished then I agree we will have the better location.

You can't really bring in capacity and then give WHAM as an example because Spurs have the capacity AND a proper bowl arrangement. In the end these things are subjective and we are obviously going to be biased but they are ahead with a lot of metrics people judge a stadium by. I do believe ours has the more interesting exterior, but they have the better interior (both concourses and bowl).
For London the Spurs location is poor and not easy to get to by public transport compared to Chelsea, Arsenal and West Ham. Spectacular interior though. Several levels above any other PL ground

No point talking who has the best stadium. As a few teams will say they have the best. Either due to noise level, history, size, money spent building it, location and being unique for example. At the end of the day are stadium is the best that’s a fact hahah

I was watching some Youtube video about our stadium the other day, it was saying that our stadium will likely have a better atmosphere than theirs because the stands of ours are closer to the pitch and steeper, whereas Tottenham's was designed also with NFL in mind so has some characteristics that are more in line with an NFL stadium than a traditional football stadium.

No idea if that is true like.

I don't think either of our stadiums are going to be great for acoustics but ours should be marginally better like you say due to it being a bit tighter and our roof seems to be closer to the stand than theirs.

At the end if the day it's the supporters that count, if we are at our loudest it will be a better atmosphere because it is just in our nature.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back