New Everton Stadium

This and it's this that hammers the final nail into the coffin that is our future. When the stadium is rented the income you generate from match days is substantially reduced.
I've been saying this is Moshiri's way out for ages. He'll do an arrangement by which EFC rent the stadium off him for 100 years for a substantial annual rent. He can then sell that arrangement to a 3rd party and get all of his money back. EFC have a new stadium and more income (but nowhere near as much as would have been the case if they owned it instead of Moshiri). He might sell the club with this deal in place.

They have already said that the stadium will be completed regardless of relegation, until that changes it's bed wetting and speculation.
I'd be more concerned about a ffp points deduction in the championship tbh!

Of course it'll get finished.

We'll be in league one by then, Mosh will sell the stadium to cover his costs, and we'll be renting it back looking like the Coventry of the north.

They have already said that the stadium will be completed regardless of relegation, until that changes it's bed wetting and speculation.
It's all guess work, let's be honest. If we go down (and I think we will) I still think the stadium will get finished. Just my take on it. A whole in the ground is worth nothing.

I can see the RS speaking to Mosh in the coming 18 months unless this downhill spiral is halted.
Why would they move to a stadium with a smaller capacity than their own , producing a smaller revenue stream?
As well as effectively writing off the money they’ve already spent on their own stadium improvements?
FSG aren’t noted for being profligate with their
money.

Why would they move to a stadium with a smaller capacity than their own , producing a smaller revenue stream?
As well as effectively writing off the money they’ve already spent on their own stadium improvements?
FSG aren’t noted for being profligate with their
money.
All good points but I'm now seriously doubting EFC will ever own it and the options if that is the case is anyones guess.
You have a mad Billionaire wanting some payback, I'm writing nothing off as impossible.

While I do not believe they would ever not finish the stadium, they also said we'd sign a striker in January. Their word isn't sacrosanct.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back