New Everton Stadium

It's a jewel on the Mersey, they'd kill for it I reckon mate. Can't see how we'll ever own it so anything's posssible. That is of course if we do go down.
Agree with this doomsday scenario. They would be very much more likely to get the approval to extend BMD's capacity than we would be or were over the planning process. Could easily see the RS beancounters running the numbers of further expanding the Pit versus expanding a brand new build in a weeerld class location.

I agree,Tom. The reason we make a loss each year is because we are spectacularly badly run. We buy average players for far too much money, put them on contracts which are far too long and pay them far too much. Our academy turns out few saleable assets, too. Without stating the obvious, it doesn't have to be this way and maybe if we replaced the current board with people who know how to run a sporting business we might be able to turn things around and live within our means again. I mean that's not impossible, is it?
Yes. Had Mosh (or maybe he will surprise all yet but I doubt it) brought in a ruthless turnaround management team (of the business, off the pitch) and rip out the deadwood and start again then anything is possible. The board and everyone in a commercial/sales role in the club presently needs punting.

Agree with this doomsday scenario. They would be very much more likely to get the approval to extend BMD's capacity than we would be or were over the planning process. Could easily see the RS beancounters running the numbers of further expanding the Pit versus expanding a brand new build in a weeerld class location.
It's just plain lateral thinking mate. Moshiri/whoever get their dosh back, and if the RS think it's viable it's not impossible then no way is it in the realms of fantasy.
None of the money in this club and its assets belongs to an Evertonian, we'll get no charity mate.

All will be revealed. It's certainly a head-scratcher. One thing's for certain, a sporting institution like Everton FC going out of business means nobody makes money out of it.

PS Why would they necessarily have to borrow the money? Plenty of individuals, banks, pension funds, corporations are cash rich, I'd guess, aren't they?
Even if they don't borrow the money they still need to make a return on their investment. Buying a Football Stadium is a very risky investment. Look at all the former Premier League clubs that are now in the lower divisions. Look at how many have gone into administration.

Heads falling off everywhere here ffs

The RS owning or moving into the stadium if we’re relegated

lollollollollollollol

Morshiri owns the club

The club owns the stadium

Morshiri is funding the stadium himself at present

If he sells the club the stadium is wrapped up with the club

Also FFP and sustainability rules does not include spending on infrastructure like a stadium or training ground only wages and transfer fees, agent fees etc.

No doubt some biff will come on here and tell me I’m wrong with no evidence like when they told me it wouldn’t get built.

FFS some Evertonians love to wallow wallow in mesery

lollollollollollollol

Morshiri owns the club

Also FFP and sustainability rules does not include spending on infrastructure like a stadium or training ground only wages and transfer fees, agent fees etc.

No doubt some biff will come on here and tell me I’m wrong with no evidence like when they told me it wouldn’t get built.

Are you sure that Moshiri owns the club, I'm not mate. As for selling the club and stadium as one, he's going to want all his investment back surely, I'd guess he'd like a drink out of it too lol However is the club worth what he wants for it, especially if we took the drop. Glass half full me lad but I can only see pain if we do go down, with an owner/s who want their investment back.

Are you sure that Moshiri owns the club, I'm not mate. As for selling the club and stadium as one, he's going to want all his investment back surely, I'd guess he'd like a drink out of it too lol However is the club worth what he wants for it, especially if we took the drop. Glass half full me lad but I can only see pain if we do go down, with an owner/s who want their investment back.

How many shares does he own in the club ?

Yes he owns the club

lollollollollollollol

Morshiri owns the club

We're owned by a bloke worth over £2 billion who likely is funneling money into the stadium via an oligarch worth £12 billion but We're DOOMED lol

As you say - too many who love worrying about worst case scenarios.

How many shares does he own in the club ?

Yes he owns the club
I really don't know even though I know his reputed share.

Basically what I'm saying is simply a mixture of business and human nature.
Moshiri is hated by the fan base, he's taken to keeping a very low profile too.
If he owns it then he's put hundreds of millions of his own money in to the project, both the team and BMD.
I'd assume when BMD was started he'd banked on us being a premiership outfit and reaping all that comes with that.

Now my simple point is "IF" and it's by no means sealed yet thankfully, but if we go down the share price surely plummets? The appeal of Everton diminishes greatly to any would be buyer.
He's actively looking for a way out now with no success, what happens "If" we go down? He'll still want out.
He's no Evertonian so romance doesn't come in to it, he'll do what's right for him.
If he got a bid on BMD from whoever it might be I think he'd take it if it covered his costs. He ain't no charity.
This is my worry. As I say although I'm glass half full and hope we're still a prem side next season, as that would put the day of reckoning off a bit.

I agree,Tom. The reason we make a loss each year is because we are spectacularly badly run. We buy average players for far too much money, put them on contracts which are far too long and pay them far too much. Our academy turns out few saleable assets, too. Without stating the obvious, it doesn't have to be this way and maybe if we replaced the current board with people who know how to run a sporting business we might be able to turn things around and live within our means again. I mean that's not impossible, is it?
I agree, we've been very badly run, and that accounts for most (possibly all) of those losses...... The owner thought he could just keep throwing money at it, without changing the key decision-makers. My worry has always been if the stadium represents the same "money no object" approach. As we're seeing, at some point the sums have to add up, unless someone is prepared to take the hit.

He's put half his life savings in to us then lol I'd be spoiling to get it back if we get relegated if I was in his shoes.

His net worth has increased since he bought us - I imagine if push come to shove he'll fund the remaining part of the build himself to guarantee him a decent return should he sell us down the line.

If we do get relegated we lose circa £80 millions in TV dough - we'll get that back from the sales of Kean, Pickford and likely Onana. I still believe the club held the Gordon money back as an insurance policy incase we did go down also.

It's just plain lateral thinking mate. Moshiri/whoever get their dosh back, and if the RS think it's viable it's not impossible then no way is it in the realms of fantasy.
None of the money in this club and its assets belongs to an Evertonian, we'll get no charity mate.
There is one thing that Evertoin and Liverpool FC have in common. Both grounds are built on land that is not really worth very much at all, unlike clubs in London. What would they do with Analfield? A stadium they have invested heavily in with 2 new stands (1 incomplete and behind schedule) in the last decade. LFC will never leave Analfield, at least not in the next 30 to 40 years, probably longer. More likely to expand it further and ruin the lives of other residents near the ground. Remember....they think it's more special than any other stadium in the universe.

If we go down, it will be interesting to see how many hospitality packages etc we manage to sell for Rotherham at home on a February Wednesday night. If we spend more than one season in the Championship, I just don’t see how the sums stack up for this whole thing. I remember in the 80s when Wolves spent a fortune on a new Main Stand and it was blamed as ruining them for years. This will be like that on steroids x100. The whole project is based on being a relatively comfortable Premier League outfit. Imagine being stuck with this white elephant if we remain in the EFL?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back