New Everton Stadium

Are you sure it's taller than the new extension that crowd are building?

Their one is listed as 39m in a prominent RS site. Ours as below, although I think we've lowered it to 44 or 42m now:

Screenshot_20230520_133132_Gallery.webp

Their one is listed as 39m in a prominent RS site. Ours as below, although I think we've lowered it to 44 or 42m now:

View attachment 211238

No I think ours is still 47m mate. The image above is the revised plan/height. Certainly all media I can find from mid 2022 onwards from Everton mention the height of 47m as the highest point of the stadium roof

No I think ours is still 47m mate. The image above is the revised plan/height. Certainly all media I can find from mid 2022 onwards from Everton mention the height of 47m as the highest point of the stadium roof

It's a bit deceptive as we have a raised/upturned roof. Their new stand is 26 rows deeper than ours (86 rows compated to our 60), so theirs is quite a bit bigger in reality.

Looking at more detailed plans their AR stand might actually be around 36m, the ground level is set at 57m and then tops out at 93m. Obviously when you're on say Priory Road and look at it from there it will seem even taller as it sits on an elevated area so you are having to crick your neck to look up more.

A rough estimation would put their seating bowl at a max height around 33-34m and ours would be nearly 31m. Their stand holds more people due to a lower step height for each row and a greater depth that the stand goes from front to back allowing for more rows in total.

Our back row is about 30m above pitch level. The measurements in those pictures stare 0.0m at the biotin or the dock. The pitch is about 7.5m.

Liverpool’s back row is quite a bit higher in reality. The Kop on the other hand is pretty low.

Their roof design looks claustrophobic. If you’re sat high up at the back you won’t see any sky

View attachment 211311
It's meant to be like that, claustraphobic, dark and sinister as opposed to open and airy to help contain, funnel then amplify the noise across the stand
and down onto the pitch. Only the rearmost few rows won't be able to see any sky. If you are sitting in the front half you will feel that greater volume of captured noise from more rows behind. They wont however have the wrap around effect of filled corners as at BMD.

It's meant to be like that, claustraphobic, dark and sinister as opposed to open and airy to help contain, funnel then amplify the noise across the stand
and down onto the pitch.
Only the rearmost few rows won't be able to see any sky. If you are sitting in the front half you will feel that greater volume of captured noise from more rows behind. They wont however have the wrap around effect of filled corners as at BMD.
Tbh, that sounds like some propoganda from the LFC fans on SSC who refuse to believe everything about Anfield isn't perfect. Do the top seats at their main stand or at the top of Old Trafford produce that effect? Not as far as I know. They do get a lot of criticism for their restricted views though.

For me, those seats at the back will be horrendous. Nosebleed-inducing height and the top half of your field of vision will be steel cladding just above your head.

Tbh, that sounds like some propoganda from the LFC fans on SSC who refuse to believe everything about Anfield isn't perfect. Do the top seats at their main stand or at the top of Old Trafford produce that effect? Not as far as I know. They do get a lot of criticism for their restricted views though.

For me, those seats at the back will be horrendous. Nosebleed-inducing height and the top half of your field of vision will be steel cladding just above your head.

Height isn't much of an issue but I do prefer to see more of the stadium than just the pitch, there is quite a few rows in that stand will see less than in their main stand and that isn't great...

Screenshot_20230521_125346_Chrome.webp

Not at all.... just the basic acoustic effects of proximity and geometry of those reflective surfaces. I'm not saying it's perfect. Those old terraces that had a roof sloping down in front of them were generally much noisier than those with upturned rooves or non at all. For instance, the Kop was far more famed for its atmosphere than the larger Holte End...... and some have described NWHL South stand has been too airy to generate the atmosphere that was promised.

Yes, it probably won't be great for the rearmost rows but that acoustic catchment will be far greater than for our south stand..... which was meant to emulate Dortmund's south tribune, which incidentally also has a downward sloping roof.

Old Trafford's case is slightly different in that side stands are generally a different demographic and their upper tier is only a fairly small affair.

Of course that is all before you go into design comparisons of "whole stadium atmosphere" versus just "home end" atmosphere.

Height isn't much of an issue but I do prefer to see more of the stadium than just the pitch, there is quite a few rows in that stand will see less than in their main stand and that isn't great...

View attachment 211323

I've been in there.... that restriction only really applies to the very rearmost rows.... a few rows down and you can see most of the stadium.

Of course the low roof line also offers better weather protection for the lower tier, which is a notorious feature of a lot of the modern tall stands with higher roof lines.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back