New Everton Stadium

Should be done by this afternoon mate.

Nah, I think it either end of June or July that side should have the same barrel shape at the West Stand. It was on a video a while back but can't remember if it was end of June or July.

That's good. I can see on video a couple of pieces of the East Stand trusses on the floor outside the stadium and a couple of pieces on the inside.

Once that's complete then we get the feel for the first time of the complete skeleton of a stadium at least.

That's good. I can see on video a couple of pieces of the East Stand trusses on the floor outside the stadium and a couple of pieces on the inside.

Once that's complete then we get the feel for the first time of the complete skeleton of a stadium at least.

Yeah I think it's 14-16 pieces that need building but even if you look at the start of last week, they had 3 pieces built on the West Stand Floor but by the end of the week all remaining 7 had been fitted (just one middle one needed finishing) so that shows how quickly they can be built and added on.

I guess it also depends on how much access is needed as that side of the stand is where a lot of vehicles come and go, so that could mean it takes a little longer.

I think by September all the terracing will be in which will then give everyone a real sense of the size and steepness of the stands.

Yeah I think it's 14-16 pieces that need building but even if you look at the start of last week, they had 3 pieces built on the West Stand Floor but by the end of the week all remaining 7 had been fitted (just one middle one needed finishing) so that shows how quickly they can be built and added on.

I guess it also depends on how much access is needed as that side of the stand is where a lot of vehicles come and go, so that could mean it takes a little longer.

I think by September all the terracing will be in which will then give everyone a real sense of the size and steepness of the stands.
Yeah, good point mate.

Maybe they'll start soon though on the north-east side of the East Stand and away from the entrance to the stadium in the middle where there's loads of work traffic. That's where the trusses currently lay on the ground anyway.

If you mean the barrel sections assembled on the floor it looks like there are only six to assemble, they place every second section and then fill in the gaps between them when up.

The sections being created in the stadium look to me like the inside roof of the west stand and that will be great to see up.

Their main stand and I guess the new one will have a similar view as our TB. Can't help thinking the back rows of that AR stand will be like the back rows of the lower Gwladys.

Height isn't much of an issue but I do prefer to see more of the stadium than just the pitch, there is quite a few rows in that stand will see less than in their main stand and that isn't great...

View attachment 211323

R.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back