New Everton Stadium

Well I think you're ignoring the fact that this stadium is literally the only positive thing in relation to Everton and without inside knowledge of the project, you seen to be pooh-poohing it at every opportunity.

Others were slightly critical of this end. I merely expanded on some of the points made.

I'm as excited by the stadium build as anyone. However, it is not a sacred cow, nor is it entirely divorced from our current predicament. Profit and sustainability violations appear to be tied into the stadium financial model too. Which has been part of my reservations since the project started. Like most, i turned a bit of a blind eye because of the owner's (and his backer's) deep pockets to meet the glaring shortfalls.

I'm getting visions of the amplified sounds of people eating prawn sandwiches being all you can hear when the rs are at home.

This. They need all the help they can get so they have to build a stadium which is old fashioned. Part of the match experience is seeing the whole ground, this especially helps with concerts etc.

That’s very interesting.

So, acoustic engineers took that sound and worked with Meis so we’d end up with a design/materials that will will help capture and amplify the sound?
we need to sack them off and let Tom crack on with his 20 year old homework that he ignores and just goes with his seat of the pants assessments from sitting in the Kop. The sooner this is built the better so the resident bores can take a well earned rest.

Oh, I had a psychology module 40 years ago and have since worked with fully qualified psychologists in the time since but I know fookall about psychology, certainly not enough to spout on a footy forum about it.

I'm not sure what your point is.
A few people have mentioned the use of acoustics in stadium design. This end has little or no acoustic enhancement in design terms.

I mentioned the number of rows because that is obviously one of the determining factors for capacity and acoustic catchment. In both respects, the North stand is underwhelming.

I think it's blatantly obvious what my point is. One person asked what is the capacity of the North Stand in relation to a stand at Goodison. I confirmed the capacity and then you whittled on as usual about the capacity being deceiving, it doesn't have as many rows, the roof is far away so acoustically all sound will be lost, the stand is underwhelming and then mentioned the Anfield stand (not for the first time) as if that should be some kind of marker for us to be competing with.

I havent seen anyone ask it to be compared to Anfield, I haven't seen anyone ask if it had any more rows, i havent seen anyone ask if the roof was pointing downward or if it was going to be acoustically good enough to stage Pink Flloyd underneath it for a reunion tour

All about opinions and numbers of rows though I guess so do carry on.

I’m genuinely shocked there isn’t a packed workforce on the weekends.

The only thing I can presume is that Laing O’Rourke won’t pay the premium for weekend works.

Spurs stadium was working long shifts, 7 days a week for quite a while.

I’m sure the electricians in there were earning insane money at one point.

My mate turned down a job as an electrician as they're not paying that good.

Reading a lot of nonsense on here. Sound is lost at goodison due to over lapping stands.

An open stand with a roof will amplify the noise. You don't need to pretend you studied stadiums at uni to contradict people's opinions.

Others were slightly critical of this end. I merely expanded on some of the points made.

I'm as excited by the stadium build as anyone. However, it is not a sacred cow, nor is it entirely divorced from our current predicament. Profit and sustainability violations appear to be tied into the stadium financial model too. Which has been part of my reservations since the project started. Like most, i turned a bit of a blind eye because of the owner's (and his backer's) deep pockets to meet the glaring shortfalls.
And my whole point is, at this stage in its development, and given the current unfavourable circumstances that engulf the club currently, now is not the time to be critical of hypotheticals. We don't try know what the acoustics will be like or whether this stand will be underwhelming so discussion of this is pointless, as are the continual comparisons to Anfield.

Self employed but you're probably right.

He got paid a fortune at spurs stadium when it was running over.
The vast majority of people on there will be self employed. I am.

You subcontract to the flooring/electrical/joinery firm etc.

Spurs was obviously London and that increases wages considerably.

Then factor in Spurs were desperate.

Reading a lot of nonsense on here. Sound is lost at goodison due to over lapping stands.

An open stand with a roof will amplify the noise. You don't need to pretend you studied stadiums at uni to contradict people's opinions.

I'm not pretending anything.
Not much sound is lost at GP due to over lapping tiers. Only the rearmost rows suffer much entrapment, but those understand areas are where much of the chants/noise starts in anycase as anyone who has been under those stands knows.

The main problem at GP is capacity fragmentation and that the upper tiers are too small. On 3 sides there are only 18 rows directly under a reflective roof (as opposed to 40-80 at many other similar/larger grounds).... with the bulk of the capacity of those stands being too distant from their rooves to benefit directly acoustically. Prenton Park probably has a higher average row catchment.

The plus side is that everyone is closer to the pitch and their opposite stand on average. GP has a large capacity for footprint. Meaning that when everyone is up for it, it can be the proverbial bearpit.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back