New Everton Stadium

I'm sorry Tom I love your informative posts but you're chatting absolute wham and contradicting yourself.

What are you on about? The gwladys, bullens and main stand are stands built on top of each other, like most traditional grounds which obviously adds character and built due to the restricted space. If you're shouting into a brick roof the sound won't escape. See the comparison below:

View attachment 214404

The principality as you mentioned has 0 over lapping, I hate to say it but Liverpool had a record loud support there which was most likely due to the closed roof.

View attachment 214403

Can you elaborate what your agenda is at least please?

No agenda whatsoever, i simply agreed with several others that the North stand is a bit of a non-event, (have they all got agendas too......?) with the roof so high above offering little or no acoustic enhancement.... it is essentially an open air end for most fans seated there. The full height corners will help with that of course.

I suggest you look again at the Principality Stadium. The middle tier overlaps the bottom tier for almost its entire depth. I've been there many times (work and pleasure) and sat in every tier surveying it. It's deafening with the roof closed, but still very loud with it open, because of its proportions with the large upper tier directly under a deep roof.

Yes, there is some noise entrapment.... at the back of lower Gwladys St, ive mentioned it many times, but it is also a real din under there, and where many of the chants actually propogate from. That area is contributing and was always the place were chants started because of that low roof. Similar for the away fans occupying the Bullens Rd. Nowhere have I said its ideal....

Terrible weather today but I cycled 147 miles to get there so I'm posting my pic anyway!

received_1107223920667203.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back