New Everton Stadium

I'm watching the Croatia v Spain game as I type which is taking place at the site of our finest hour. I know the ground was done up some years later. I think it's a top stadium. Capacity is about a thousand lower than our new gaff will be. Stands look really high. I wonder how high they are? To think that before too long we'll be playing somewhere better is a lovely thought.

No agenda whatsoever, i simply agreed with several others that the North stand is a bit of a non-event, (have they all got agendas too......?) with the roof so high above offering little or no acoustic enhancement.... it is essentially an open air end for most fans seated there. The full height corners will help with that of course.

I suggest you look again at the Principality Stadium. The middle tier overlaps the bottom tier for almost its entire depth. I've been there many times (work and pleasure) and sat in every tier surveying it. It's deafening with the roof closed, but still very loud with it open, because of its proportions with the large upper tier directly under a deep roof.

Yes, there is some noise entrapment.... at the back of lower Gwladys St, ive mentioned it many times, but it is also a real din under there, and where many of the chants actually propogate from. That area is contributing and was always the place were chants started because of that low roof. Similar for the away fans occupying the Bullens Rd. Nowhere have I said its ideal....

I've been that stadium and you're point is causing brain rot.

Just like the esk, I don't know how your minds works but you seem to thrill off causing negativity.

Have a day off and stop.

I've been that stadium and you're point is causing brain rot.

Just like the esk, I don't know how your minds works but you seem to thrill off causing negativity.

Have a day off and stop.

You've been to the stadium yet were unaware that there was an overlapping tier discrediting your theory? You even posted a photo where it was plain to see....... I'd suggest it's you with the brain rot.

Several others mentioned reservations about the north stand too, but you said nothing to them. Nothing whatsoever to do with negativity or happy clapping positivity. Stick to the discussion and less of the personal insults.

Such a shame the north stand isn't double decker where the lower tier goes under the upper tier. (the current upper tier being raised). Looking similar to the Gwladys Street without the posts. Can't change that but maybe in the future the upper tier can be added to.

The principality as you mentioned has 0 over lapping, I hate to say it but Liverpool had a record loud support there which was most likely due to the closed roof.
Gotta interject here, I'm guessing you haven't been to the Principality stadium as there's a huge overlap over the bottom tier, an overlap that essentially is the reason the top two tiers are so close to the pitch and therefore the ground is so special. I mean, you can sit at the back of the bottom tier and the letterbox of vision is pretty much JUST the slither of pitch.

I've been there dozens of times and was even lucky enough to train the chief executive of the WRU on the pitch on the Monday after an international (he pulled his hammy and I never saw him again).

Plus, the last thing I'd want is a stand with an afterthought bolted on.

Either it stays as it is forever or we get some additional land off Utd Utilities and take it back to a uniform height.

Out of interest, if the north end was the same size as the south end, how many extra seats would we have? I suppose relatively speaking buying land and extending the stand at the back would be the easiest way of increasing capacity (other than the other tin of worms - safe standing)

Out of interest, if the north end was the same size as the south end, how many extra seats would we have? I suppose relatively speaking buying land and extending the stand at the back would be the easiest way of increasing capacity (other than the other tin of worms - safe standing)

If it was the same size (capacity wise) it would add another 3,000 seats. Part of the North Stand (10,500) includes the away end.

I can't remember where I seen it either but to my knowledge we only have to give away fans the lower tier corner for the league and the upper tier only comes into play for away fans for FA Cup/Cup games

If it was the same size (capacity wise) it would add another 3,000 seats. Part of the North Stand (10,500) includes the away end.

I can't remember where I seen it either but to my knowledge we only have to give away fans the lower tier corner for the league and the upper tier only comes into play for away fans for FA Cup/Cup games
Hardly worthwhile for such a small increase. So, safe standing at a decent ratio it is then. Stand by for incoming from the usual sources! 🤣

So I've worked this out, I think fairly precisely.

north-stand.webp

Taking the upper tier of the West Stand as a guide (30 rows), we'd have an extra 14 rows on the North Stand (currently 16 rows).

The five rectangular blocks (marked in green) on the North Stand would gain an extra 1,960 seats with an extra 14 rows.

The four corner blocks (marked in blue) - and these were a pain to measure but I think I'm just about right with this - would collectively gain an extra 1,528 seats.

So you'd be looking at a grand total of 3,488 seats - bringing overall stadium capacity up to 56,376.

Such a shame the north stand isn't double decker where the lower tier goes under the upper tier. (the current upper tier being raised). Looking similar to the Gwladys Street without the posts. Can't change that but maybe in the future the upper tier can be added to.
To have overlapping tiers, the first row of the lower tier wouldn’t be able to be so close to the pitch.

Having the crowd so close to the touch line is vital.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back