New Everton Stadium

I see Tom still hasn’t got over the club putting his Goodison redevelopment email straight in the recycling bin unopened.

Except of course that they were never submitted to the club in email or any other form.

However, half way through the Destination Kirkby ballot they mistakenly copied my drawings, claiming as gheir own and used them in a hastily made up study aimed to prove that they'd looked at redevelopment previously. Only to have to pull them tout suite when their mistake was pointed out. That email didn't end up in the recyling bin.

When I go and take my dad, I tend to go down Scotty, down Leeds Street to Dock Road and approach from Town. I went for the first time in a couple of months a few days ago, went Westminster, Lambeth, not sure why the next road, but the angle of approach there was superb, quite surprising actually. It is was the first time, that you got the sense it was going to be a major, major stadium - it had that look about it.
Probably left on to Vauxhall and then right onto Boundary Street over the bridge. I go that way all the time and the view from the apex of the bridge is simply stunning.

Yes, having looked again at the plans it seems you're right.

The North West corner is glazed, this is where the TV studios will be:

View attachment 214769

But the plans show that the width of the North Stand is apparently taken up with toilets along that gap:

View attachment 214781

I guess it still allows for future reorganisation, potentially. There'd be no sacrifice of seating to fit more corporate facilities in there, at least... just need to find somewhere else for the loos!
Surely we can just have pipes connected to the seats that go straight from the stadium to the plant next door. 🤣

I see Taylor Swift is performing at Klanfield in 2024…the last of the concerts to be held there before the big stars make their way to the city’s premium venue - BMD
There is a growing probability that the stadium may be used for a concert (or a series of concerts) before Everton play an actual football match there.

With Laing only handing over in December 2024, there is then an 'acclimatisation period' where Everton will learn how to run the place and train staff.

This won't be a quick process, so it may be unlikely that we'll see a match before March, so will the club move at such a late stage?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back