New Everton Stadium

What a crock of BS that is.

In no way shape or form is what's on there now more legible than the originaly proposed brickwork facade. And the dropping of the metal rain panels that had a continuation with the criss cross brickwork replaced by windows merely cuts up the effect making it a nonsense to have it in the first place - it certainly doesn't give it 'greater cohesion'.

That's just a load of bollocks to account for the rejection (for whatever reason...weather conditions/safety issues) of the metal rain panels.

Allowing Meis to get away with that Leitch idea was ridiculous. An outsider who hasn;t got a 'kin clue. And from what I can make out the 'wave' motif of the stadium roof he came up with doesn't scan any longer.

Honest to God, it's a good job that it has such raking stands and that its set in a wonderfully dramatic location or you'd wonder where on earth £700M has been spent on this.

Just say soulless bowl, we all know you want to. lol

The Emirates is hardly renowned for its atmosphere. However, he pretty much proves the point by acknowledging the importance of proximity to the roof..... Then doesn't show a pic of the North stand, which has a much bigger gap and lower catchment than the corners at the Emirates.
@Tom Hughes will set him straight.
Told you. @Tom Hughes sucking the joy out of everything since we started building the stadium.

Every stand at Anfield (and most other stadiums) have the fans right up to the underside of roof. Underslung trusses and cantilevers generally don't allow that. It's about a mixture of proximity, acoustic catchment and reverberation times. There is also a difference between design of whole stadium atmosphere and traditional home end as I've explained before.

Cheers Tom

Told you. @Tom Hughes sucking the joy out of everything since we started building the stadium.

Not at all.... you tagged me in and posed the question. Not my fault if you didn't like the answer, which is essentially what Meis said regards stand acoustics with respect to roof height and the avoidance of large gaps.

No crying nor joy sucking.... just some acoustic fundamentals straight from the horse's mouth.

Not at all.... you tagged me in and posed the question. Not my fault if you didn't like the answer, which is essentially what Meis said regards stand acoustics with respect to roof height and the avoidance of large gaps.

No crying nor joy sucking.... just some acoustic fundamentals straight from the horse's mouth.
You get that you're not an unimpeachable authority, right?

I don't like your answer, you don't like my evaluation of your gravitas. I guess we'll just have to live our lives without each others approval. I can live with that, you seem a little more brittle.

As you can see below the stadium that the loudest noise ever recorded at a sporting event makes use of a low slung roof that is pointed downward to channel the voices in the crowd onto the pitch.

Screenshot_20230630_010251_Chrome.jpg

The stadium in the UK that is considered gold standard when it comes to atmosphere shares with us that it has one stand that is much lower to the rest from the roof.

Screenshot_20230630_011551_Gallery.jpg

Now of course I'm being tongue in cheek with my commemts, Tom is right in what he says that obviously if you have the 'perfect scenario' where everyone is close to the roof and it does funnel downwards then sure you can eke out some more noise. That said from above you can see that buildings don't make noise, people do. I for one much prefer being in say the upper bullens and being able to enjoy looking at the whole stadium partying after a goal rather than having a letterbox view that you'd have with an aggressively downward turned roof to make the perfect acoustic area.

Sure you can design something that actively goes out of the way to cancel noise and that would be a bad thing, I don't think our new home has though and it will be loud as it will be packed with Evertonians.

It’s been designed to evolve and the darker brickworks will darken and be showing when we move in….obv I’m just making this up……
You can see the pattern quite clearly in the latest video from @Noggsy blue. Its subtle enough to not be tacky, but its definitely there. Its just a much bigger scale than maybe some were expecting, so the lattice patters are split between numerous facade sections.

What a crock of BS that is.

In no way shape or form is what's on there now more legible than the originaly proposed brickwork facade. And the dropping of the metal rain panels that had a continuation with the criss cross brickwork replaced by windows merely cuts up the effect making it a nonsense to have it in the first place - it certainly doesn't give it 'greater cohesion'.

That's just a load of bollocks to account for the rejection (for whatever reason...weather conditions/safety issues) of the metal rain panels.

Allowing Meis to get away with that Leitch idea was ridiculous. An outsider who hasn;t got a 'kin clue. And from what I can make out the 'wave' motif of the stadium roof he came up with doesn't scan any longer.

Honest to God, it's a good job that it has such raking stands and that its set in a wonderfully dramatic location or you'd wonder where on earth £700M has been spent on this.
Oh sh!t, I've set Davek off again! It was all going so well Dave but then the brick pattern's triggered you again.

You've made it abundantly clear you don't like the whole idea of the brick pattern so picking apart the design argument line by line just seems churlish at this point. Of course the justification isn't going to meet with your approval, you're entrenched in your position.

IMO, this isn't some crime of the century that Meis has been "allowed to get away with", it's just a design feature that he included as a nod to Goodison which consultation indicated fans wanted in some way. You're allowed to disagree and you're allowed to hate it, but it's not some heinous act that ruins the whole show. That's just hyperbolic.

As for that last para. Wow. Are your positive pants in the wash?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back