New Everton Stadium

That best way site would be dreadful, ut looked thrown together to prove a point rather than be anything of practical use. Bramley Moore looks far better and will be far more iconic. It's incredible and I can't wait for it.

It is on top of town, much closer to all the major transport hubs/services. Closer to the district of Everton, with more roads serving the area on all sides.

You haven't seen HOK's final renders to judge.... but they've been responsible for some if the most iconic stadiums in the world.

It is on top of town, much closer to all the major transport hubs/services. Closer to the district of Everton, with more roads serving the area on all sides.

You haven't seen HOK's final renders to judge.... but they've been responsible for some if the most iconic stadiums in the world.
Looks a tiny blueprint from a layman point of view, seems it would be difficult to build any infrastructure beyond the stadium and would have a concrete jungle vibe surrounded by congestion, I much prefer the waterfront element, I think that looks great and with the iconic brickwork and feel of history BM retains a vibe of uniqueness new stadiums can lack.

Centralising traffic might require less infrastructure to build up, it also might be more complicated to complete, I don't walk past the bestway site and think what could have been in all honesty, I don't mean any personal attack with your connections to the project, but it never really lit a fire in me. Perhaps because it never came close to getting off the ground.

Regardless, I'm extremely happy with BM, its the only thing giving me hope for the club.

Looks a tiny blueprint from a layman point of view, seems it would be difficult to build any infrastructure beyond the stadium and would have a concrete jungle vibe surrounded by congestion, I much prefer the waterfront element, I think that looks great and with the iconic brickwork and feel of history BM retains a vibe of uniqueness new stadiums can lack.

Centralising traffic might require less infrastructure to build up, it also might be more complicated to complete, I don't walk past the bestway site and think what could have been in all honesty, I don't mean any personal attack with your connections to the project, but it never really lit a fire in me. Perhaps because it never came close to getting off the ground.

Regardless, I'm extremely happy with BM, its the only thing giving me hope for the club.
I think the majority (myself included) have pined for a waterfront site after the King's Dock renders led to preffered bidder which inevitably led to another Billy K fiasco.

I was more attracted to the Bestway loop than a redeveloped Goodison, but that's because I didn't want to watch from within different parts of building site for 5 or 6 years. Kirkby was a non-starter, obvs.

I love Bramley Moore, but if I could change anything I'd have it rotated 90' and have the two big ends. I get cost and TV lighting etc, but the north stand is 'funny looking' in a similar way that the end at Forest with the stepped roof is weird.

I think the majority (myself included) have pined for a waterfront site after the King's Dock renders led to preffered bidder which inevitably led to another Billy K fiasco.

I was more attracted to the Bestway loop than a redeveloped Goodison, but that's because I didn't want to watch from within different parts of building site for 5 or 6 years. Kirkby was a non-starter, obvs.

I love Bramley Moore, but if I could change anything I'd have it rotated 90' and have the two big ends. I get cost and TV lighting etc, but the north stand is 'funny looking' in a similar way that the end at Forest with the stepped roof is weird.

Don't think the North stand is forest level bad, the roof line is continuous so you don't get the silly drop stuff and when you are in the ground it will look far more impressive than it does at the moment. It holds basically 2 x the Park End so it's not as small as people might think.

Don't think the North stand is forest level bad, the roof line is continuous so you don't get the silly drop stuff and when you are in the ground it will look far more impressive than it does at the moment. It holds basically 2 x the Park End so it's not as small as people might think.
Oh, I don't think it's bad.

More of a weird looking quirk.

The corporates in Upper West can at least enjoy a nice view of the water treatment plant through the massive window. lol

Last edited:
Oh, I don't think it's bad.

More if a weird looking quirk.

The corporates in Upper West can at least enjoy a nice view of the water treatment plant through the massive window. lol

I reckon Everton will paint Palm Trees, maybe a big Hollwood sign on that window, just to cover the treatment plant....plus if we are getting snotted against Rotherham it'll be a nice distraction from the football on show.

I think people were doing a bit more than joking about the graphics.
When that geezer on the video said the Winslow would become embedded in one of the supporting pillars for the new stand I actually blew my coffee out. Did he mean 'Embedded in one of the supporting pillars...' in a mafia hit kind of way?

'Hey Tony, you take my mothers name out of your mouth or I'll embed your boozer into one of the supporting pillars of Goodisons new main stand...'.

I'm guessing they meant that the Winslow would still be a functioning pub but it would just be sort of sitting there at the base of a massive two hundred foot concrete pillar, all the fans inside looking nervously up as that crack in the ceiling seems to get longer match by match.

Anyway, don't take it personally Mr Hughes. It's all good fun.

That best way site would be dreadful, ut looked thrown together to prove a point rather than be anything of practical use. Bramley Moore looks far better and will be far more iconic. It's incredible and I can't wait for it.

Could you imagine 50k+ fans crossing the bridges?

The amount of chaos caused from throwing stuff after a match from either us or the away fans would have made it unviable.

How would the home team and away team get to what’s essentially a logistical nightmare get in and out the stadium.

It was never a feasible option.

Think your assessment needs some perspective.

These were commissioned by KEIOC at the time of Destination Kirkby. They were hastily put together by a team of architects/engineers as alternatives to the real monstrosity in Kirkby. As concepts, they were entirely workable, though obviously not as refined as the BMD proposals given the time constraints.

The official concept for Bestway was different to this and was done by HOK (Populous), probably the largest and best known stadium design company in the world. Their initial commission was to demonstrate a 55k stadium on that site. Which they did. This would've had full access on one or 2 sides with partial bridged access on another to give good dispersal in all directions. A few mins walk from all major public transport hubs and multiple carriageways in all directions. The club said the stadium wasn't big enough at 55k, and HOK showed that this could be expanded before Bestway walked away after meeting Wyness, saying that they couldn't do business with EFC.

Yes HOK would have loved the money thrown at them to try and create a project that would never happen. Hence their half arsed renders.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back