New Everton Stadium

How would the home team and away team get to what’s essentially a logistical nightmare get in and out the stadium.

It was never a feasible option.
To be honest it's not our problem. Some boffin who studies flow dynamics and that stuff would have to figure it out.

Fact is, had the city got the commenwealth games that's the way the stadium would have been.

It's hardly a valid comparison. Any proposals for Goodison redevelopment at that time were very much restricted by an extremely tight design budget.

However, suffice to say that GP with £300-500m spent could've had: 65k capacity with at least the same corporate provision, no restricted views and perhaps even closing roof etc.... with all site history/tradition preserved. I've no idea what value that represents.

Before anyone says it..... you can say all that and still fully "embrace BMD". They are not and never have been mutually exclusive paradigms.
It is a valid comparison, Tom.

An option of redeveloping Goodison by shoehorning in an extra tier on Bullens Road and building a big new stand on the Park end would have been unsatisfactory compared to what we have got.

The character of Goodison as a stadium is defined by old style stands of Bullens Road and Gwladys St. Any big redevelopment of those stands - which would have had to eliminate the restricted views - would also have compromised them from an architectural POV.

The only real benefit I can see is that Everton would have retained their historic location. Then you think, is that actually an advantage?

It is a valid comparison, Tom.

An option of redeveloping Goodison by shoehorning in an extra tier on Bullens Road and building a big new stand on the Park end would have been unsatisfactory compared to what we have got.

The character of Goodison as a stadium is defined by old style stands of Bullens Road and Gwladys St. Any big redevelopment of those stands - which would have had to eliminate the restricted views - would also have compromised them from an architectural POV.

The only real benefit I can see is that Everton would have retained their historic location. Then you think, is that actually an advantage?

Goodison is a relic now. It used to have trams etc to get there, now it’s a bottleneck surrounded by terraced housing, which maybe 30 years ago wouldn’t have been an issue.

The best solution now in todays world is to be on a river front close to the city centre which will get unprecedented investment in the area.

Once all the terracing is down to pitch side I think we will look at it in a more positive manner.

There isn't much to be happy about our club currently but this is the one thing keeping me going.

Could you imagine 50k+ fans crossing the bridges?

The amount of chaos caused from throwing stuff after a match from either us or the away fans would have made it unviable.

One or 2 sides were going to be part or full access (not narrow bridged).... in essence similar to the Emirates, which sits in the apex of 2 train lines with just a bridged access on that side. As far as I know, nothing is chucked onto the trains.

Covers all the sides of the ground which was good to see but I have to admit I had to play the video at double speed as it was painfully slow.

Thanks for the video though....appreciated ;)

A little too slow for me too, however if you want to specifically see part of the stadium in detail his videos are great.

Is the southstand at BMD as steep as the top balcony or the new Annie Road at Anfield?

Not quite as steep as the TB but steeper than the AR stand.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back