New Everton Stadium

Meh, maybe.

But for me the experience should always be central to any corporate/premium offering. It's what your paying a premium for - if you go to hospitality ahead of a gig, you pay more because it's the concert experience than you would in a restaurant in a city centre.

All of the images on the press release - you wouldn't know was Everton if you looked at them standalone.

I prefer Goodison's current hospitality lounges, compared to this;

View attachment 216574

View attachment 216575
Fair enough....but I feel like everyone has a different idea of what they'd like from Hospitality.

Me personally I'd be made up with this offering,you'd like to think the clubs Hospitality team will be making sure in regards to wherever you are in the Hospo suits everything ultimately is Everton centric.

Bestway site was always the worst of just about any city centre based solution for me, never really explored why, but was just a gut feeling. It always felt like somebody had simply looked at Google maps for an area that could fit a ground in it and went all out to prove they were right. Absolutely everything would have been a botch, in my opinion. The site was never fitting for our club. Ever.

Also, the whole 'HOK wouldn't put their name to something unviable'. They regularly do, as part of competition entries. Similar to concept cars, what gets built is often very far removed from the actual reality of it, if built in any capacity at all. Yes there are some bits that resemble original design, but they are few and far between as its mainly down to physics. The buildings that they do get right pay for the ones they experiment with. I think there was one early in this very thread that people got all excited about, cant remember which design house it came out of, but was completely unviable.

BMD is a FAR better solution that anything that could have been done at Best way, even if bestway had of given us a 90k seater stadium for £20 and a train ticket.

All in my opinion of course.

The assertion was that HOK would put their name to it even if it wasn't achievable on that site. That's nonsense. HOK certainly wouldn't have staked their reputation on it if it wasn't possible, as they would be easily called out. As I said, even the club's architects didn't dispute this.... hence the club resorting to saying that 55k was too small, while still pushing for Kirkby.

Logistically it is much closer to the city centre, particularly Lime St and Queen Sqr, all its transport hubs and services, with more major roads on all sides, offering alternative routes and shortening any shuttle distances.

These hospitality offerings seem pretty well thought-out to me, to be honest.

But equally I wouldn't get too hung up on any of it if it's not to your taste.

It'll be relatively easy to modify the offering between seasons, as the club will certainly do as they get a better understanding of what the fans / corporate guests want.

The important thing is that - at last - we can offer impressive facilities like these for the fans we can fleece who can afford it.

These hospitality offerings seem pretty well thought-out to me, to be honest.

But equally I wouldn't get too hung up on any of it if it's not to your taste.

It'll be relatively easy to modify the offering between seasons, as the club will certainly do as they get a better understanding of what the fans / corporate guests want.

The important thing is that - at last - we can offer impressive facilities like these for the fans we can fleece who can afford it.
The club may well tailor the offering seasonally...just like a lot of restaurants do these days.

Fair enough....but I feel like everyone has a different idea of what they'd like from Hospitality.

Me personally I'd be made up with this offering,you'd like to think the clubs Hospitality team will be making sure in regards to wherever you are in the Hospo suits everything ultimately is Everton centric.

No doubt they'll be looking to cater for a wide range.

When you say you'd be "made up with this offering" - I'm genuinely curious as to what exactly would you be made up with?

It's difficult to say what the offering is - there's no package/cost detail, but I suspect you're looking at... what? based on Goodison lounges - £600 per seat, per game in these sections?

1688647563449.png

1688647568015.png

I get it.

We want to really promote and buzz about everything and anything with the stadium.

It's the only positive thing we seem to have at the moment.

And it is going to be incredible.

I've worked with The Jockey Club, Arena operators, bar operators on corporate refurbs and I can't help but say that this... this is uninspiring - it's hardly "“a revolutionary re-set of traditional football hospitality”

I preferred the refurb in 2019 and that was a short term refurb with plenty of strings attached.

I don't think our shade of blue is good for bar or lounge interiors and seating. I just don't get the thinking behind this kind of corporate livery in those settings. The posher lounges benefit from some variety in the finish. Leave the Royal Blue in the stands and show some imagination in the hospitality areas.

No doubt they'll be looking to cater for a wide range.

When you say you'd be "made up with this offering" - I'm genuinely curious as to what exactly would you be made up with?

It's difficult to say what the offering is - there's no package/cost detail, but I suspect you're looking at... what? based on Goodison lounges - £600 per seat, per game in these sections?

View attachment 216576

View attachment 216577

I get it.

We want to really promote and buzz about everything and anything with the stadium.

It's the only positive thing we seem to have at the moment.

And it is going to be incredible.

I've worked with The Jockey Club, Arena operators, bar operators on corporate refurbs and I can't help but say that this... this is uninspiring - it's hardly "“a revolutionary re-set of traditional football hospitality”

I preferred the refurb in 2019 and that was a short term refurb with plenty of strings attached.
Obviously price point is always keys but in terms of aesthetic and the potential food offering its all stuff I'd look for when i going out for dinner and that coupled with watching Everton is right up my street....your right though everything become relevant when you find out actual price.

Obviously price point is always keys but in terms of aesthetic and the potential food offering its all stuff I'd look for when i going out for dinner and that coupled with watching Everton is right up my street....your right though everything become relevant when you find out actual price.

Indeed, and the price is going to be significantly more than any restaurant in town - understandably so, because of the experience. It's top flight (hopefully!) football. In my view, that should always be central, with a nod to Everton/Evertonia no matter how subtle everywhere. Spurs had the likes of the Tunnel Club which was genuinely “a revolutionary re-set of traditional football hospitality”

On the plus side, it is only one component of what will be to come.

I like the idea, just find the renders to be really meh.

I suspect they'd be able to sell every lounge 5x over for the first few years too no matter the branding or offering too.

Have reserved tables with access to a cash bar with simple food for a reasonable price and I won't moan even if it's red :oops: lol

Indeed, and the price is going to be significantly more than any restaurant in town - understandably so, because of the experience. It's top flight (hopefully!) football. In my view, that should always be central, with a nod to Everton/Evertonia no matter how subtle everywhere. Spurs had the likes of the Tunnel Club which was genuinely “a revolutionary re-set of traditional football hospitality”

On the plus side, it is only one component of what will be to come.

I like the idea, just find the renders to be really meh.

I suspect they'd be able to sell every lounge 5x over for the first few years too no matter the branding or offering too.

Have reserved tables with access to a cash bar with simple food for a reasonable price and I won't moan even if it's red :oops: lol

Yep I think this is just 1 option with basically 4 experiences within that option.

I like it, I like the design, the setting, what is being offered.

I think they'll definitely be something for everyone mate

The assertion was that HOK would put their name to it even if it wasn't achievable on that site. That's nonsense. HOK certainly wouldn't have staked their reputation on it if it wasn't possible, as they would be easily called out. As I said, even the club's architects didn't dispute this.... hence the club resorting to saying that 55k was too small, while still pushing for Kirkby.

Logistically it is much closer to the city centre, particularly Lime St and Queen Sqr, all its transport hubs and services, with more major roads on all sides, offering alternative routes and shortening any shuttle distances.

It was of course possible to do, with the ground being elevated above the island, but tbh the plot we now have is much better and will serve the fans well. Our new outside areas will be fabulous, large and inviting. In a straight choice between Goodison, Kirkby, the Loop and BMD, BMD would win hands down with any vote imo………

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back