New Everton Stadium

Doesnt look very steep or intimidating on that Meis picture.
1000006433.webp

This image from latest video I think gives a great idea of how close and steep the stands are. This is taken from South stand pitch aide area.

If I were to rock up at Bramley Dock, how close to the new stadium could I get?
Collingwood dock (about 150 yards before the stadium) is generally open, you can just drive in or walk and get a great view of the stadium from the south stand end.
There's a kayak propped up against the outside gate, local kayak/canoe club play there and at least 1 business In there.
If its open no one will bother you

Ive also never tried it, but I see loads eating it and it sometimes looks decent.

The foods decent. I mean it's not gourmet standard but then who looks for that on a match day?

They also do a roaring trade with the restaurant converting to a bar on match days. Tables can be booked for a scoff and they normally have an ex-player on then a singer after the game.

Made up they're moving with us.

The roof looks like it will cover all the seating when it's finished. I hope it let's enough sunlight in to enable the grass to grow. I remember hearing a few stadiums - possibly AC Milan - where the turf suffered due to the structure blocking the sun. With the orientation it suggests neither goal will have direct sunlight for 3pm kick off's - and the sun should be shining on the righteous home South end as the afternoon
Any reason why the cantilever sections on the East Stand are being fitted without the roof panels as they were on the West Stand?
Probably easier to lift and less likely to be impacted by wind. The panels aren’t actually fitted they’re simply plonked on top and then get spread out and secured. No panels on the south stand and north stand we’re added after.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back