New Everton Stadium

Those randomly placed entry/exit points to the terracing in the north stand are doing my head in.

Big walls, wind turbines, capacity, waste disposal plants, criss cross on the brick works - all don't bother me in the slightest........ but those bloody entry/exit points :rant:

Only £5?! Go to the wrong stadium here in the states and you're paying triple that.
I've only ever seen crazy prices for pints ant any sports venue around Boston.
The only affordable option was minor league baseball, like the Pawsocks, but they've moved to Wustah so I'm sure even their prices have gone up.
The prices people pay at Fenway are nuts!

I've only ever seen crazy prices for pints ant any sports venue around Boston.
The only affordable option was minor league baseball, like the Pawsocks, but they've moved to Wustah so I'm sure even their prices have gone up.
The prices people pay at Fenway are nuts!
Went to a dodgers game a while back during a work trip and for the typical American lagers like coors light they were asking like $15. Even in Colorado where I now raise, beers at Rockies games are like $12. It’s absurd.

Minor league baseball is more fun anyways.

There's huge scope for matchday revenue increase. Everton's ticket prices have hardly moved in years and are cheaper than similar-sized clubs. Signficantly cheaper than some.

There will be a sizable increase in ticket prices x 39,000

Another 13,000 of standard tickets at those prices.

Within that 39,000 there must be, what? 2,000 corporate tickets? that number will be increased by 3-4,000 paying varying degrees of massive premiums.

Given we are unlikely to take the Daniel Levy approach to stadium financing, we should get a multi-million stadium sponsorship deal. Despite the naysayers, the the iconic setting and design will certainly be attractive to sponsors. It should command a much higher price than a functional 60,000 stadium on the East Lancs road.

There will be the non-matchday revenue generated by hosting concerts, conferences, business meetings etc etc.

And also, the inevitable significant increase in F&B (and club stuff) spend on matchdays. that you lads have been discussing.

We are near the bottom of the PL table in terms of Stadium revenue at the moment. We should move closer to the top after this (behind the obvious ones).

IMG-20230809-WA0011.webp

There's huge scope for matchday revenue increase. Everton's ticket prices have hardly moved in years and are cheaper than similar-sized clubs. Signficantly cheaper than some.

There will be a sizable increase in ticket prices x 39,000

Another 13,000 of standard tickets at those prices.

Within that 39,000 there must be, what? 2,000 corporate tickets? that number will be increased by 3-4,000 paying varying degrees of massive premiums.

Given we are unlikely to take the Daniel Levy approach to stadium financing, we should get a multi-million stadium sponsorship deal. Despite the naysayers, the the iconic setting and design will certainly be attractive to sponsors. It should command a much higher price than a functional 60,000 stadium on the East Lancs road.

There will be the non-matchday revenue generated by hosting concerts, conferences, business meetings etc etc.

And also, the inevitable significant increase in F&B (and club stuff) spend on matchdays. that you lads have been discussing.

We are near the bottom of the PL table in terms of Stadium revenue at the moment. We should move closer to the top after this (behind the obvious ones).

There should be a sizeable increase in matchday income, however that is not a given across the full range of ticket categories. The fact that no-one seems to be able to lift figures from projections in the planning or subsequent docs since, might indicate a slightly laissez-faire attitude by club (and fans) in our approach.... which as far as I can see appears to have been based on "don't worry, Uncle Ussy's got it covered". A predication that no longer applies, as is applicable to most aspects of the original financial strategy.

For example: When West Ham first went from their 35k stadium to the 55k+ (now 62k+) Olympic stadium in 2016, their matchday income barely changed for the first few seasons up to covid. To fill the extra capacity they had to reduce average ticket prices. Fortunately for them, the stadium was a freeby and there was sufficient latent and new support in London and the home counties to draw from (presumably 10 million+ population gives a reasonable floating vote). Our club has claimed a 15-20k waiting list in recent times (yet only mention much smaller waiting lists in the actual planning docs). We will have to see how price-dependent our total season ticket demand is, before we can predict what income increase there will be from increased General Admission ticket capacity. Austerity rarely affects the wealthy, so the premium seating sales shouldn't be overly affected by the current cost of living crisis, the mid-level and corporate-lite range may or may not be less resilient.... I think they're still testing that price range as we speak. As you say, we've had low ticket prices and certainly no success in recent years. It's also a smaller capacity step- up, so overall our ticket-price elasticity might be more robust than West Ham's. Since Covid, their matchday income has gradually increased to the point where they're roughly 25%-50% higher than their final Boleyn ground matchday income of 8yrs ago.

At perhaps the other end of the scale, Spurs roughly doubled their matchday income and I think Arsenal went from approx £40m to £70m when they first moved too (but they had to endure several years of increased austerity afterwards). The commercial incomes have risen too and Spurs seemed to have benefited from a good hike in those figures. So, maybe our projections are somewhere in between. The issue is of course, if or not all of the anticipated income increases can cover the debt in the absence of USM or similar outside support. At present we have little or no official stadium financial figures, no sponsor, nothing solid on the ownership make-up or its longevity, with all the other "financial sustainability" and on-pitch frailties as a backdrop. So it's very difficult to make accurate or valid comparisons.

They do. But having a pint in the Top Balcony where I am has all the charm of having a pint in a multi-storey carpark. It's murder getting served, murder finding somewhere to put your pint, the ale is garbage, so consequently (as I stated in the earlier post) I spend NOTHING inside GP per season.

I expect my spending habits will change at the new place, given that facilities will be put into place to encourage me and tens of thousands of others to spend our money.

I said pretty much the same to the sales team regarding the stadium. Definitely up for the village level.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back