New Everton Stadium

I cant remember exactly what it consisted of, but there was an open letter to Arsenal from Usmanov years back which might shed some light on the funding approach that Moshiri is/was taking. Was definitely something to do with how the Emirates funding model (debt laden) was the reason for their fall in performance. Things have obviously changed, but maybe the plan was never to actually loan from external arties for all, but to offer shares as part if a cash injection.

I wonder if Kenwright has actually scuppered the whole thing with his shady deals and he's only being kept on to get us out of it.

Who knows...

Precisely. They've been a bit like one of those lotto winners who blew the lot with wild extravagance and then one day woke-up bankrupt and back in their £10/hr job, wondering where they went wrong.
You can bet her 'plan' for Champions League was on the whiteboard.

"Get enough points to qualify for Champions League football"

That's it. That's the plan.

Does anybody know if the 'best in the business' CEO has secured gainful employment anywhere? I'm sure lots of FTSE 100s were positively salivating at the prospect of her being available.

You can bet her 'plan' for Champions League was on the whiteboard.

"Get enough points to qualify for Champions League football"

That's it. That's the plan.

Does anybody know if the 'best in the business' CEO has secured gainful employment anywhere? I'm sure lots of FTSE 100s were positively salivating at the prospect of her being available.

She will end up at some charity or another….

I cant remember exactly what it consisted of, but there was an open letter to Arsenal from Usmanov years back which might shed some light on the funding approach that Moshiri is/was taking. Was definitely something to do with how the Emirates funding model (debt laden) was the reason for their fall in performance. Things have obviously changed, but maybe the plan was never to actually loan from external arties for all, but to offer shares as part if a cash injection.

I wonder if Kenwright has actually scuppered the whole thing with his shady deals and he's only being kept on to get us out of it.

Who knows...
I genuinely belive that BK is professionally linked to Rights & Media.

He penned the agreement with them a few months before Moshiri officially announced his first block of equity. Who's to say Bill didn't sort it (with R&M) as soon as he'd identified his useful idiot.

Speculative, I know. The last minute collapse of MSP reeks of Kenwright lashing out.

I genuinely belive that BK is professionally linked to Rights & Media.

He penned the agreement with them a few months before Moshiri officially announced his first block of equity. Who's to say Bill didn't sort it (with R&M) as soon as he'd identified his useful idiot.

Speculative, I know. The last minute collapse of MSP reeks of Kenwright lashing out.
Commercially rather than professionally is my call.

You're making the assumption that they hadn't agreed a deal in principle for the amount of finance they expected to need. Moshiri was pillard for not forking out the cash himself but when he does to start the build people lose their minds that we are not aware of which institution is actually going to finance the last bit. Of course it wasn’t for the whole amount fixed over a longer term so in that case you could say it was a fail, but it might not be the finger in the wind and hope for the best that you are making it out to be either.

We'd also pumped in tens of millions into the project before the war and all of that would have been wasted. If you wait for the perfect time to build a stadium it might never happen. The club believed they could get over the line so they continued, if they thought it was more likely to fail than succeed they would have canned it.

If when the final tranche to Laing is due the club roll out the details that it has been paid by x bank will you admit to being too harsh on them? And if they appear to be scrambling around trying to borrow here, there and everywhere to get it done I'll admit I was wrong and you were right.

If Goodison was developed correctly in the 80/90's they would have probably stayed. They would have needed to have had a two tier PE and perhaps a cantilevered roof for the GS and BR, that would have at least got the capacity to mid 40's and most of the ground would have unrestricted views. At the same time they would have had to have started buying up most of the property around the ground that could then limited the expenses and problems when it came to redevelopment. Even so there would be still less space around a new Goodison than almost any other ground you can name. limited space means you don't get the fan plaza that can help pull in customers.

I've also said this to you before you aren't going to immediately bring loads of new people to Goodison especially the ones who would fork out most money. Look at the beautiful views out of our new Main Stand restaurant over victorian terraces etc. etc... For the amount you would pay to rebuild the stadium the extra 20k you've created would be nullified by the amount you are paying to cover the loans to do so. No increase in income and not really much added to the value of the club. The 53k at BM will earn more than 60k at Goodison.

To build anything naturally stretches the pockets of football clubs, you sometimes have to speculate to accumulate.

I don't have to make any assumptions about finances.... our current predicament and much of that process is fairly clear and well-documented. No financial deal was secured at any point during the initial planning, nor any subsequent construction phase since. If there was, it would've been shouted from the roof tops. No banks would go near us. Yes, we spent a few tens of millions before the war.... we then continued to pump hundreds of millions into it after it started, despite knowing that a key element of the funding mechanism was no longer in place. As a consequence we have had to increase loans from other third parties.... one of which appearing to be able to scupper any others and may be falling foul of P&S legislation..... which could jeopardise the club's whole future!!

As regards redevelopment, the same or much higher capacity and corporate provision could've been provided for a fraction of the cost, as has been shown multiple times elsewhere..... That's what will determine income, and the same funding models can apply to both. I don't believe that over-looking Wallasey/New-Brighton/Vauxhall/Nelson Dock and certainly not the city's sewage plant (which may assault another sense, killing any view) adds any greater matchday income than say over-looking a grade 1 listed Victorian Park in an age-old architectural face-off with our near rivals, at the site of the world's first purpose built football stadium. Most of the world's greatest stadia/arenas barely have any outward facing windows.... why? Because the people are primarily there to watch the football or view the stadium's pitch/stands on non-match days. Picturesque external views (on 2 sides) are nice to have, but they're not money generators for stadia. The plaza is a good space and may offer some income opportunities, but the likes of Man City have far more space and have only elected to use a small part of that for fan zones because there isn't massive money in them and the majority of fans don't use them at all. Put it this way, you could place it Crosby Marina over-looking Liverpool bay and the Iron men with biggest fanzone in the world or similarly at Speke over-looking the Estuary, the business and retail parks and Speke Hall....reality is it would add nothing to matchday income by virtue of being close to water or views at all, and would be a complete disaster logistically.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back