New Everton Stadium

How do you know this mate if you don't mind me asking?
Fair question: the simple answer is, I spoke to one of them on Friday. The person I know isn't working on our stadium (she's working on Hinkley nuclear plant)...

... but they're fairly senior in the company, and she said there isn't a concern about the finances nor was there any expectation 777 would complicate it.

I've got to take that on face value.

LOR won't be overly concerned while the monthly payments are coming through without delay. Our concern is what we have to do to make that happen, which has essentially been a fire sale of playing assets and now even the club itself, with the ensuing and pending reliance on high interest loans to complete the stadium.

The hope is then that the resultant step change in income and club value is sufficient to balance that debt, for the new owners with better organisation and business skills to be able to make a fist of it.... or to facilitate the sale to real wealth, who can absorb any potential shortfalls.

I wouldn't have thought that owners jumping ship over 2 thirds into a headline stadium project is indicative of rude financial health of either owner, club, project or potentially all three.

All sources I can find suggest the new ground will have a pitch of 105m x 68m - considered the standard by the Premier League.

Goodison’s pitch is currently 100.49m x 68 according to this season’s Premier League handbook.
Mate, it’s another example of someone on the windup. They were originally saying the pitch wouldn’t actually fit in the stadium.

Mate, it’s another example of someone on the windup. They were originally saying the pitch wouldn’t actually fit in the stadium.
Yeah, the old pitch-not-fitting joke did occur to me. But if it was a joke, I think they went a bit too subtle with it. I’d have said same sized pitch, on a tilt so all balls roll to the south west corner flag.

But there are bogus sources out there that suggest the Goodison pitch is bigger than it is. I just put their post down to sloppy research.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back