New Everton Stadium

LOR won't be overly concerned while the monthly payments are coming through without delay. Our concern is what we have to do to make that happen, which has essentially been a fire sale of playing assets and now even the club itself, with the ensuing and pending reliance on high interest loans to complete the stadium.

The hope is then that the resultant step change in income and club value is sufficient to balance that debt, for the new owners with better organisation and business skills to be able to make a fist of it.... or to facilitate the sale to real wealth, who can absorb any potential shortfalls.

I wouldn't have thought that owners jumping ship over 2 thirds into a headline stadium project is indicative of rude financial health of either owner, club, project or potentially all three.
Going to need Branthwaite and Onana to come good on their potential so we can sell in Jan to fund the stadium interior

BMD pitch will be smaller than Goodison Park pitch.

Hope every Evertonian is happy with that.
It can’t be smaller than the pitch at Goodison. Goodison at the moment wouldn’t qualify for FIFA or UEFA international competitions because, like analfield, the pitch isn’t long enough to fit their minimum requirements.

Seeing as bramley Moore dock has been chosen as one of the venues for the 2026 euros bid, the pitch has had to reach certain pitch size requirements, hence, it will be wider and longer than Goodison.

It can’t be smaller than the pitch at Goodison. Goodison at the moment wouldn’t qualify for FIFA or UEFA international competitions because, like analfield, the pitch isn’t long enough to fit their minimum requirements.

Seeing as bramley Moore dock has been chosen as one of the venues for the 2026 euros bid, the pitch has had to reach certain pitch size requirements, hence, it will be wider and longer than Goodison.
Absolutely this. It does look like it will be a snug fit though

IMG_6942.webp

Had a look at it in person for the first time today

Absolutely this. It does look like it will be a snug fit though
It will look like a tight pitch because our stands will so close to the playing area. West Ham’s pitch for instance will look far bigger because their stands are so far away from the pitch, but you can be guaranteed that ours will be around about the same size as the hammers.

Unless I am mistaken, we will be able to walk right round the inside of the new stadium at half time etc apart from the small corner where the away supporters will be. Am I right? If that is the case, do we know at what level that will be? Ground level, first storey? Thanks.

Fair question: the simple answer is, I spoke to one of them on Friday. The person I know isn't working on our stadium (she's working on Hinkley nuclear plant)...

... but they're fairly senior in the company, and she said there isn't a concern about the finances nor was there any expectation 777 would complicate it.

I've got to take that on face value.
Daft question from me, but why would there be concern from LOR?

I assume that they are paid in phases or tranches for the work completed. I also assume these payments cover materials, labour etc. and the profit element as well, (that latter part I’m a little sketchy in to be honest) so even if funding did stop, I assume LOR wouldn’t be out of pocket (and would be insured for such eventuality anyway).

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back