New Everton Stadium

Because 777 are taking over, we can’t win a game, we are probably going down this season, players look uninterested, the manager looks already out of his depth, this was supposed to be a fresh start and something to look forward to, it’s turning into a nightmare.

We are still cost cutting due to P&S rules, so we'd have this situation without the new stadium and have absolutely nothing to look forward to and little hope that we'd ever have increased finances to pull ourselves out of the mire. The stadium is a fresh start whether you start from 1st or down at the foot of the table.

We are still cost cutting due to P&S rules, so we'd have this situation without the new stadium and have absolutely nothing to look forward to and little hope that we'd ever have increased finances to pull ourselves out of the mire. The stadium is a fresh start whether you start from 1st or down at the foot of the table.

Not if paying for it destroys the club first.

Why would we have this situation without the stadium? The stadium is now driving the situation.

Increased finances are very much dependable on the debt incurred and on us still being in the top flight. No bank has gone near this project and the only people now interested are shark investors smelling a corpse..... even despite it being 2/3rds built (to date paid for by the current owner).

Our only hope is that either Moshiri takes a big hit to lessen that debt (without falling out of an open window) and/or that 777 or whoever gets the stadium over the finish line can attract a major sponsor or sell on to real wealth to help release the stadium's potential.

Deary me.

You've let everyone down here, Tom lol

As I once said to an old boss of mine after forgetting to do something very important.......

I reckon all true Evertonians now hate the sight of the place. Borrowing beyond your means is a recipe for disaster as my neighbours have now found out. Only shout about it from the rooftops if you can afford it.
I'm looking forward to the new stadium and am following the build closely. Been going to Goodison since the early 70's and been a season ticket holder for most of that time. But I'm not a true Evertonian. Thanks for clearing that up.

I'm looking forward to the new stadium and am following the build closely. Been going to Goodison since the early 70's and been a season ticket holder for most of that time. But I'm not a true Evertonian. Thanks for clearing that up.
All we can do as supporters is try and enjoy as much of what goes on as possible. Whether that's the stadium we probably can't afford or the drama off the pitch.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back