New Everton Stadium

A lot of good points there. Why don't they let the bus fill up get them moving and have conductors to sell tickets on board? Everyone is going from point A to point B. Why make people queue?

On a more general note, some people would have you believe that public transport to GP is the bee's knees but it ain't. Just having Sandhills on your doorstep will improve things no end as all 3 parts of the Northern line stop there including Hunts Cross to Southport. At the moment we've only got the Kirkby and Ormskirk trains at Kirkdale.

The demand for more public transport should be met by Soccerbuses from various parts of the city centre IMHO.

No-one says that the public transport at GP is "the bee's knees".... however, it did have one of the better dispersal rates in the country a few years ago according to the football research unit. It is served by far more buses than BMD, with many more access routes and available traffic lanes. Kirkdale is just as close to GP as Sandhills is to BMD and sees 2/3rds of the trains that serve Sandhills. Bankhall the rest. Unfortunately the northern line serves less than 25% of the city's population, which might explain why only a few percent of our home support currently use it on matchdays.

The key thing for BMD is its proximity to the city centre. At over a mile to all city centre bus terminals, it is probably at the edge of max desirable walking distance. If the few access roads are blocked for everything except shuttle buses then that could improve accessibility via public transport..... because as you have seen, there are not that many spare buses in the system for matchday soccerbuses, so the few that there are need fast turnarounds. The adjacent developments at Liverpool waters/Ten Streets will hopefully prompt the Vauxhall station to at least increase platform space and improve marshalling etc. A dedicated people-mover akin to the proposed Lime-line trackless tram could make a massive difference too.

so if the stadium is sold, stay at goodison and leave the landlord with no tennant, simples

It is one possibility. If they threaten the club with rent rises then as long as we have Goodison standing we have a choice. We could even groundshare with them lot and that gives us some bargaining power.

That says it does depend on the contract to how well we are roped into said agreement but I'd hope there would be protective clauses in there from our end too.

It is one possibility. If they threaten the club with rent rises then as long as we have Goodison standing we have a choice. We could even groundshare with them lot and that gives us some bargaining power.

That says it does depend on the contract to how well we are roped into said agreement but I'd hope there would be protective clauses in there from our end too.

They would hold all the aces and have us over a barrel of a gun.

They would have all the protective clauses in to protect themselves.

No-one says that the public transport at GP is "the bee's knees".... however, it did have one of the better dispersal rates in the country a few years ago according to the football research unit. It is served by far more buses than BMD, with many more access routes and available traffic lanes. Kirkdale is just as close to GP as Sandhills is to BMD and sees 2/3rds of the trains that serve Sandhills. Bankhall the rest. Unfortunately the northern line serves less than 25% of the city's population, which might explain why only a few percent of our home support currently use it on matchdays.

The key thing for BMD is its proximity to the city centre. At over a mile to all city centre bus terminals, it is probably at the edge of max desirable walking distance. If the few access roads are blocked for everything except shuttle buses then that could improve accessibility via public transport..... because as you have seen, there are not that many spare buses in the system for matchday soccerbuses, so the few that there are need fast turnarounds. The adjacent developments at Liverpool waters/Ten Streets will hopefully prompt the Vauxhall station to at least increase platform space and improve marshalling etc. A dedicated people-mover akin to the proposed Lime-line trackless tram could make a massive difference too.

Blimey, not only are you a mind reader you now know what every single Evertonians opinion is about public transport provision at GP. I said "some people" and there are some who think it's brilliant. I know people who live on a direct bus route who think that way

I would imagine that 25% of the local population having access to the Northern Line to get to the match would make a huge difference, would it?

They would hold all the aces and have us over a barrel of a gun.

They would have all the protective clauses in to protect themselves.

A contract is a mutual thing, you have clauses in there from both sides. If they have one saying if we break the tenancy agreement and move out we'll have to pay ballpark figure of say 100 million then we'll have one to say the rent is fixed at or can only increase in line with inflation capped at x% to stop them doing something that would push us out in the first place.

There would obviously be more in terms of us being first priority so they couldn't just hold an event smack bang when we are using it and so on. So I wouldn't call it being over a barrel.

If 777 are stupid to sign anything that is put in front of them then we have bigger issues than just the stadium.

Again I'll stress it doesn't make sense to sell the stadium to a third party unless it was directly to fund the team but that would be a massive risk itself. If they have visions of bring able to sell the club for 2/3/4 billion down the line then the stadium has to be owned by the club or leased like City/Wham do it where you pay a peppercorn rate and you get most of the benefits.

no way liverpool would ground share with us mate maybe the toxteth tigers or waterloo dock

It really needs someone who loves Everton involved in these torrid negotiations. We seem to be just a commodity in a battle based on greed.
I'd love to have one crafty headworking Evertonian in the talks hell bent on keeping Everton in charge of its own destiny.
Apparently had one of those for nigh on 30 years.

Served us well so far...

We could even groundshare with them lot

no-absolutely.gif

I'd sooner they folded the club.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back