New Everton Stadium

Me and a couple of mates went down today. What a beautiful development and, potentially, superb stadium. But, a question, has Everton procured any other sites within the area? I know we have to complete the current site of BMD before we can hope to even start on the infrastructure of the surrounding area but, and it's a major BUT, there is so much potential in the immediate area that surely someone with sufficient capital...and I exclude 777... could make an absolute killing on the 'reality' (Americanism, I know) value over the next decade.

Everyone is allowed their own opinion Matty, we may move in and still be crap. The point is because no one bit the bullet years ago to either renovate Goodison (& the surrounding area) or move to a new stadium we've been left in a situation where all our rivals have built or are in the process of building bigger stadiums where they generate more money and i'm not even talking about Spurs here, clubs like Brighton FFS. Their stadium is smaller than ours but it's large enough to be comparable with the more expensive tickets and presumably better food and drink receipts. If they still were at the Withdean do you think they would be where they are now? They had to go through pain just like us to get there.

For years we've managed to stay ahead (largely by luck with Moyes) by trading on our name and recent (in comparison to Newcastle, City before they hit the jackpot, Sunderland and so on) success. We are now getting to the point it no longer counts - someone choosing Southampton over us for instance shows it's pretty much done.

My point is to do nothing will see us decline further, so we have to use or larger fanbase than most to generate the income to basically lift us out of the hole that isn't because we are building a stadium, that hole was showing through the Moyes era too. If we can get to the point where we can generate 30 or so million more in spendable revenue (just through matchday income) to put in the team than say Brentford, Palace, Fulham and a host of other mid table teams then we are not likely to be below them. 30 million would be the wages of quite a few decent players and that is what we need to get to regardless of the pain as standing still isn't remaining where we are, you end up going backwards as other clubs push on.

I agree btw, but the point is we have well gone last the point of no return concerning the stadium build, if we stop we have to return it to what it was originally which would probably cost us more. No one knew this war was coming, I know I'm being cold hearted with the amount of people been killed for both sides, but Chelsea the other team with a Russian owner have done very well out of it, we didnt, we bore the brunt as a Football club, hate to sound callous, with the amount of lives lost its truly shocking/ heartbreaking. But in the cold light of day we might not survive this with our debt and the incredibly bad way we have been run, with owners, Moshiri and Kenwright who have run for cover.

Me and a couple of mates went down today. What a beautiful development and, potentially, superb stadium. But, a question, has Everton procured any other sites within the area? I know we have to complete the current site of BMD before we can hope to even start on the infrastructure of the surrounding area but, and it's a major BUT, there is so much potential in the immediate area that surely someone with sufficient capital...and I exclude 777... could make an absolute killing on the 'reality' (Americanism, I know) value over the next decade.
Living in Liverpool I'll believe the development of LW when I see it built.
There's much better land than next to BMD untouched, even Princes Dock still has vacant plots.

I agree btw, but the point is we have well gone last the point of no return concerning the stadium build, if we stop we have to return it to what it was originally which would probably cost us more. No one knew this war was coming, I know I'm being cold hearted with the amount of people been killed for both sides, but Chelsea the other team with a Russian owner have done very well out of it, we didnt, we bore the brunt as a Football club, hate to sound callous, with the amount of lives lost its truly shocking/ heartbreaking. But in the cold light of day we might not survive this with our debt and the incredibly bad way we have been run, with owners, Moshiri and Kenwright who have run for cover.

The absolute worst thing that could possibly happen to us is administration, 12 point deduction and relegation. I'm sure we would be quite a bargain to a few if that happens. Bear in mind I'm confident we wouldn't do a Leeds as most of our players are out of contract in the summer of 2025 which will allow us to scale operations. It's sad to even think about but we would rise again, a fresh start and have a stronger footing for it.

Hopefully we can navigate away from having to do that and still stay in the division. I understand the pain as I have it myself but at the end we've treated mediocrity as success for 20 odd years, we were living dead anyhow. Embrace whatever happens and fingers crossed we do get a team we deserve in the end.

If we hadn't tried building this stadium, I wonder where we'd be right now? Curious that's all.
The stadium didn’t really have any impact on the hundreds of millions we pumped into the team, buying dozens of rubbish players through multiple high profile managers.

My guess is that we’d be 18th in the EPL.

Let’s not blame the stadium for how horribly the club has been run. Its just another indication of how horribly the club has been run.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back