New Everton Stadium

Watching Mr Drone’s latest video at the moment.

One thing that struck me for the first time is the huge contrast between the dark old bricks on the pump house and the bright, new bricks on the stadium.

That got me thinking, and I reckon the ground would look fantastic with more weathered bricks.

It doubtless would’ve been too expensive to contemplate, but reclaimed bricks could’ve looked amazing.

Hopefully the unformity will fade a bit over the years.

Watching Mr Drone’s latest video at the moment.

One thing that struck me for the first time is the huge contrast between the dark old bricks on the pump house and the bright, new bricks on the stadium.

That got me thinking, and I reckon the ground would look fantastic with more weathered bricks.

It doubtless would’ve been too expensive to contemplate, but reclaimed bricks could’ve looked amazing.

Hopefully the unformity will fade a bit over the years.
I'm sure they would've, but remember on the stadium they're not actually bricks. Not even brick slips. Just shaped concrete that's coloured to look like bricks.

I agree with the idea though. The whole thing would need a redesign in practice

I'm sure they would've, but remember on the stadium they're not actually bricks. Not even brick slips. Just shaped concrete that's coloured to look like bricks.

I believe they are actual bricks:

Mike Young, a Principal Façade Engineer at Laing O'Rourke, explained: “These are real bricks, hand-made in Loughborough and then sent away to be cut into 520,000 different, individual half brick components. “Each one has a special key cut into the back, so they are able to be cast into the concrete panels.

They are real bricks.

“Each panel is computer-designed in a 3D environment before being manufactured from real bricks under carefully monitored factory conditions.”

From this article: https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...ews/everton-new-stadium-brick-unique-25605570

Edit: Ah, @The binman chronicles beat me to it!

Ludicrous. They've already shown they are real bricks and shown how they are fitted to each of the huge panels, why make stuff up like that?

I believe they are actual bricks:

Mike Young, a Principal Façade Engineer at Laing O'Rourke, explained: “These are real bricks, hand-made in Loughborough and then sent away to be cut into 520,000 different, individual half brick components. “Each one has a special key cut into the back, so they are able to be cast into the concrete panels.
Didn't know that. That's impressive.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back