New Everton Stadium

Was thinking this before, I think the club will add more season tickets - but it won't be 5-10k's worth, from a business perspective they'd be stupid not to try packages/inflated ticket prices for certain games etc, as you say we'd need to improve on the pitch as well.

It's a bit of a conundrum. Successful clubs with massive fanbases that can fill their stadia several time over, tend to limit the number of season tickets to fully exploit the more expensive match by match ticket sales via membership schemes and corporate-lite packages for day trippers etc.... thus also offering greater availability to the broader fanbase.

Clubs like ours might prefer to at least guarantee bums on seats by continuing to maximise season ticket sales up to 80% of total capacity. As any drop in form (can we drop much further) might lead to fans choosing to pick their games, in the knowledge that there will be availability and a good view more or less guaranteed. LFC and Chelsea limit season tkts to less than 30k because the know there's a huge demand for the remaining capacity. We wont know till we've tested that demand beyond the novelty period. Not sure how big a floating vote there is in the city region and the rest of the north-west. Remember Wyness saying there were thousands desperate to fill Kirkby.

It's a bit of a conundrum. Successful clubs with massive fanbases that can fill their stadia several time over, tend to limit the number of season tickets to fully exploit the more expensive match by match ticket sales via membership schemes and corporate-lite packages for day trippers etc.... thus also offering greater availability to the broader fanbase.

Clubs like ours might prefer to at least guarantee bums on seats by continuing to maximise season ticket sales up to 80% of total capacity. As any drop in form (can we drop much further) might lead to fans choosing to pick their games, in the knowledge that there will be availability and a good view more or less guaranteed. LFC and Chelsea limit season tkts to less than 30k because the know there's a huge demand for the remaining capacity. We wont know till we've tested that demand beyond the novelty period. Not sure how big a floating vote there is in the city region and the rest of the north-west. Remember Wyness saying there were thousands desperate to fill Kirkby.
we'll fill the ground for the first season or two regardless I think, obviously if the team are struggling during those years and prices remain high, then attendances may well drop, so you're right it's a balancing act

Just looking at the latest drone footage which was only filmed this morning by CP Overview. Looks like the final pieces of roof will be fitted very soon (by the weekend?). Incredible to think how fast it is all moving.

That last section has been completed and on the floor waiting for a couple of weeks now so no guarantees. I guess the weather has been too bad to attempt it (Although they managed to fit one sister piece in this time), hopefully they get a break to get that one up.

They also have 2 extension pieces on the floor and are in the process of building a third. Once completed they will just need to build 3 more so the end is in sight, just need a few calm days.

That last section has been completed and on the floor waiting for a couple of weeks now so no guarantees. I guess the weather has been too bad to attempt it (Although they managed to fit one sister piece in this time), hopefully they get a break to get that one up.

They also have 2 extension pieces on the floor and are in the process of building a third. Once completed they will just need to build 3 more so the end is in sight, just need a few calm days.

Looked like all the cranes were over in that corner this morning so fingers crossed.

This is what I don't understand, so this will need to come form 777/new owners? all the current loans from MSP and Rights Mgmt do not cover stadium build at all do they? so if 777 falls through and no other prospective owners come in...how can the stadium build be funded? funding for stadium is not ring fenced or protected anywhere?

This is what I don't understand, so this will need to come form 777/new owners? all the current loans from MSP and Rights Mgmt do not cover stadium build at all do they? so if 777 falls through and no other prospective owners come in...how can the stadium build be funded?

We are flailing around in the dark mate. To me, unless said loans, and player sales, have been ringfenced for the final stage, nothing adds up.

For context, RS have just sold a minority stake to some US dudes for £180m "to shore up the balance sheet". We are miles, financially, from them, but for weeks this saga is dragging on, getting it seems, absolutely nowhere.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back