New Everton Stadium

"Should be full of excitement"

Why don't you just ask mummy to put the cartoons on. What kind of utter nonsense statement is that? The club is up to its eyes in debt, has had a fire sale of players and now the club itself, but at least you're excited? The stadium project is not a placebo..... it's probably more like the "opium of the people's club" for some.

No tantrums or pessimism at all....yet again no mention of anything I've said about the transport (that several others have mentioned some concern about, have they all got an agenda?). Then the gem.... "the finances were never in any doubt".... really? You sure? The same finances that have failed to secure any loans from any financial institution since day one, and has meant the club has had to go in hock to shark investors at extortionate rates, incurring a P&S commission, the last 2-3 years of negative net spends keeping us in a relegation battle for the last 2 seasons and ultimately forcing a billionaire owner to jump ship two thirds into the build, selling us on the drip to the first carpet baggers he can find?

I'm down at BMD to see the progress regularly... I've had some reservations about the finances from the start as I've followed many new stadium projects for decades. Unfortunately, I think those concerns have been vindicated so far.

Stopped reading after your condescending introduction. However I can imagine it's full of scenarios you have absolutely no clue about or transport.

I want to wish you well but if you're putting a toxic spin on the one positive for this club I genuinely don't.

When getting the hospitality sorted at HQ the staff are actually cringing from people like you.

Stopped reading after your condescending introduction. However I can imagine it's full of scenarios you have absolutely no clue about or transport.

I want to wish you well but if you're putting a toxic spin on the one positive for this club I genuinely don't.

When getting the hospitality sorted at HQ the staff are actually cringing from people like you.
he's been on ignore for ages but I can tell fro, seeing people's replies to him he gets far too much respect and people up his hoop who then call him out on his earpiss. He's a turbo bore and an irrelevance.

Yet you responded? Of course you read it.... you just had no answers.

Condescending? You spent the previous post talking nonsense about agendas and complete misrepresention of me, without referring to any of my actual comments.... because you couldn't. You've just done the same again. Well done!

Toxic Spin? Try toxic debt...... it's currently threatening our club and seen off one billionaire owner, but you stay excited, the Yanks are coming!!

Yet you responded? Of course you read it.... you just had no answers.

Condescending? You spent the previous post talking nonsense about agendas and complete misrepresention of me, without referring to any of my actual comments.... because you couldn't. You've just done the same again. Well done!

Toxic Spin? Try toxic debt...... it's currently threatening our club and seen off one billionaire owner, but you stay excited, the Yanks are coming!!
Tom, mate, we're all depressed enough. Can you just give us all a couple of days off from your incessant doom mongering? You're probably right, everything probably will be terrible but I'm not sure what you want any of us to do about it. Just let us have what's left of the weekend in peace. What is the point of all of this browbeating? Does it make you feel good to make others feel bad?

I've had some reservations about the finances from the start as I've followed many new stadium projects for decades. Unfortunately, I think those concerns have been vindicated so far.
You haven’t been vindicated at at all because I think it’s now abundantly clear where the finance was coming from for this stadium build. Not even you, could predict the War in Ukraine that has clearly altered the landscape so to speak.

Tom, mate, we're all depressed enough. Can you just give us all a couple of days off from your incessant doom mongering? You're probably right, everything probably will be terrible but I'm not sure what you want any of us to do about it. Just let us have what's left of the weekend in peace. What is the point of all of this browbeating? Does it make you feel good to make others feel bad?
let me guess, redevelop goodison, yada yada, sight line angles, yada yada, transport links, yada yada, roof acoustics, yada yada, redevelop goodison, yada yada. A level home work, no finance yada yada, Meis is a divvy, yada yada.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back