New Everton Stadium

Will it trigger some people if I say that after much deliberation, I will not particularly miss Goodison?

I have sat in the ground for over 25 years, seen a few good games, a few European games at a fairly decent level, but that's about it.
The walk to the ground isn't particularly enjoyable, parking is a pain, there's dog muck everywhere. The walk back can be worse cause there's no pub stop to break it up (I accept its my routine that prevents that)

I'm just not sure what I'd miss any more. Apart from time with my Dad and Sons, and that can be literally anywhere, in any stadium.

What's to love so much about Goodison? I sit without an obstructed view, so even my experience is better than many.
Perfectly put Jacko!
Have been a fan since the 1970s and me and the kids STHs for over 25 years
It’s a drudge going there and we all say we only go for the family time and the banter. The walk there and back is dominated by avoiding dog muck (as you correctly mention).

We all can’t wait to move so we can have a fresh start!

My guess is Mid Season based on they'd rather have...in simple terms...52,000seats @ £70 than 39,000 @ £50
If it was that simple and ticket revenue was the only thing to think about surely EFC would just say, as soon as its ready we will move in?
I mean i agree on the face of it it seems that a move mid season would be the right course of action, it also seems clear that the stadium is only a little bit behind schedule (complete Dec 24 ish - including testing and licensing?) but there is some reason for the lack of decision.

If it was that simple and ticket revenue was the only thing to think about surely EFC would just say, as soon as its ready we will move in?
I mean i agree on the face of it it seems that a move mid season would be the right course of action, it also seems clear that the stadium is only a little bit behind schedule (complete Dec 24 ish - including testing and licensing?) but there is some reason for the lack of decision.
Get it finished first, worry about when we move in later.

My suggestion to Everton on the Season Ticket transfer.

• Season ticket holders who sit on their own / those who already sit together for the longest average period get first choice where to sit in GA.

• Then season ticket holders who don't sit together, but want to now, put their application together and the longest average period gets first choice. in GA

Can't see it being any fairer than that?
I remember a discussion about seat transfer to BMD on twitter. It was said thar the club upon changing computer systems had lost fans historic records so rather than having the last 40 odd years it only goes back something like 15 years

Don’t know why it hasn’t occurred to me before, but watching the latest video from Mr Drone I realised that the base of the stadium looks like my old uni HQ in Manchester, the Kilburn Building.

I had a really weird moment of realisation, as if I’d subconsciously thought this since I first saw the renderings.

Might not mean much to others, but it’s a strange little life parallel for this Evertonian, anyway.

There is a great old photo (1930s) in one of the better Everton books. Think it's called Goodison Glory. Out of the country at the mo, so can't check. It looks like it was taken from the front row of Bullens Rd upper stand near the corner of the Park end looking towards the near goal and across to the mainstand. If I remember rightly, it was Everton v Southport in the FA Cup. If anyone could post it, it's a great view of the two old stands that have gone. Showing the vast Goodison Road enclosure terrace on the Leitch masterpiece mainstand, with a bumper crowd. We won 9-1.

This one?

141027175_3872083269478988_8111262190807534013_n.webp

There is a great old photo (1930s) in one of the better Everton books. Think it's called Goodison Glory. Out of the country at the mo, so can't check. It looks like it was taken from the front row of Bullens Rd upper stand near the corner of the Park end looking towards the near goal and across to the mainstand. If I remember rightly, it was Everton v Southport in the FA Cup. If anyone could post it, it's a great view of the two old stands that have gone. Showing the vast Goodison Road enclosure terrace on the Leitch masterpiece mainstand, with a bumper crowd. We won 9-1.
Yep I've seen it. It's one of my favourites (alongside one of the half old/half new main stand pics from 1969). I'll try and remember where I saw it.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back