New Everton Stadium

I think the top of the roof (material coming out of shipping containers) is different from.what will be used on the visible side curves (whatever they are called). But the sides i expect to be a different 'shiny' material.
I think this is correct. The standing seam roof on top will look different from the barrel edges which are I believe shinier and perforated.

D&S Roof 1.webp
D&S Roof 2.webp
D&S Roof 3.webp
D&S Roof 4.webp

Yes, that’s exactly it. I don’t think it fits.

I even asked Meis if he’d have a look at improving it when he came back onto the project… unsurprisingly no response, though!

I have to say I did prefer the brutalism of the facade without the stepped add-on. Think it was added to mitigate the wind though means the ground entrance will now be in perma darkness.

Having watched the recent video of the stadium I think it looks amazing. One thing I would point out though is that the facade to the West stand to me far outshines the East stand which is a pity as for most of us most of the time the East stand is what we will see

It did look quite different initially, I think the heritage lobbies forced the move to a more plain exterior.

I have to say I did prefer the brutalism of the facade without the stepped add-on. Think it was added to mitigate the wind though means the ground entrance will now be in perma darkness.

It did look quite different initially, I think the heritage lobbies forced the move to a more plain exterior.

Interesting to see how things develop

It’s not brick clad, that’s for sure.

West-Stand-central-view.jpg

The renders make it look like it’s bare concrete. Let’s hope it is granite, but I’m not convinced.

Honestly, I hope you’re right and I’m wrong.
What about using some of the seats from the main stand.

Last edited:

At least in that pic they realised the pitch didn't fit inside the stadium so lobbed it on the fan plaza instead.

At least in that pic they realised the pitch didn't fit inside the stadium so lobbed it on the fan plaza instead.

Love the render where people are wearing winter coats, gives the impression of a chilly evening at the footie. Then there's some random young lad in his shorts and tee shirt 🤣
Screenshot_20231014-123915~2.webp

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231014-123915.webp
    Screenshot_20231014-123915.webp
    88.5 KB · Views: 24
Impossible, redeveloping existing stands is both quicker and cheaper. This has been documented many times in the worlds leading reference papers* by the leading subject matter experts on the topic

References
*Grand Old Team, Everton Forum, New Everton Stadium Discussion

Yes, practically always cheaper. Often very much so. LFC got to 54k for £74m (£114m project cost). We're spending ten times that much (£750m) to get to 52k with less than one third the number of high-end box seats and roughly half the total corporate. That glaring disparity will only widen with their new stand.

"Quickness" simply depends on number of phases and how many people you put on the job. If they had done both phases at once with the bigger original contractor, they could've finished at the same time as the mainstand (which took just over 600 days)..... and of course it also depends on if or not the club or the builder goes bankcrupt/out of existence in the process. The builder going under is inconvenient, the club going under is a tad more catastrophic imo.

Reference: common sense and every stadium planning/ design guide and stadium redevelopment you care to mention.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back