New Everton Stadium

…hated that top balcony on the occasions I’ve been there (although we did win an end of season Derby 1-0 when i sat there in the mid-80s).

Read @alan ball excellent ‘Goodison Memories’ book whilst on holiday last week and there was a large number of opposition players he interviewed who commented on how imposing that stand is. ‘When you look at it from the pitch, it just goes up and up’.

i much preferred the old main stand.
Only ever been top balcony once sitting few seats from John parrot surprised how tall he was

I have just watched the latest video on the club website and I really don't like the black panels seen up close. I had been hoping that maybe they would be covered with some lightweight perforated screens to tone down the contrast with brick sections., but there is no mention of any other finish. I can see these being a magnet for graffiti unless they have some kind of barrier in front of them.
1697376587007.webp

If you're talking about those then they are the final cladding. It's not obviously apparent but a lot of these are perforated. They are also Dark Grey and not Black.

I have just watched the latest video on the club website and I really don't like the black panels seen up close. I had been hoping that maybe they would be covered with some lightweight perforated screens to tone down the contrast with brick sections., but there is no mention of any other finish. I can see these being a magnet for graffiti unless they have some kind of barrier in front of them.

Totally agree. It's about the only thing I don't like about the new place. I'd rather they put the glass panels in, even if they were false windows. Would look much better.

That was me. The temporary scaffolding on the side of the west stand looked like a tower which gave me the inspiration.

Edit: I'm sure I wasn't the only one. But a tower as a nod to our heritage could have been utilised as a storage unit or something. Or even a viewing tower like that weird thing they have at West Ham's.
Great suggestion. Would be awesome if we did actually do it

Heard it’s going to be a museum for the club and the history of the dock, which will be open all week. There is also a possibility for it to have cafe attached to it as such but not a bar.
Thanks mate.

Was wondering that, its seems the most logical use of the space and the history - was thinking it could be a museum, trophy room and i wondered about holding the Everton collection there (though would prob need security) - could be an attraction in its own right.

Thanks mate.

Was wondering that, its seems the most logical use of the space and the history - was thinking it could be a museum, trophy room and i wondered about holding the Everton collection there (though would prob need security) - could be an attraction in its own right.
Yeah I agree, it’s probably it’s the most logical option. With the big club shop in the front too, it should have decent footfall on non Match days.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back