New Everton Stadium

If we're to move mid season, we would have to know before any season ticket renewals. I pay for mine up front, so if they're going to make any extra money off me, they'd have to know the extra per game and have that in the price of next seasons ticket. Otherwise, all this extra money everybody is going on about won't be made off 31k people. That changes the calculations somewhat.

For reference, renewals opened for this season on 30th November.

If we have no hike in prices past last years 10%, we may have our answer.

For reference, renewals opened for this season on 30th November.

If we have no hike in prices past last years 10%, we may have our answer.
I don't expect the club to charge any extra for season tickets on the basis that we'd be moving to Bramley Moore mid-way through the season. They can't really because they can't guarantee exactly when it would be. It would complicate things massively.

The additional income would come by way of increased match-day revenue from additonal tickets, supporter spend, advertising etc. Any significant increase in season ticket price would come at the start of the first full season at Bramley Moore.

For people who have taken hospitality at BM, but don't currently have a season ticket at Goodison, then they might organise some sort of 'part season' ticket for them but i expect that would be a relatively small minority.

If we're to move mid season, we would have to know before any season ticket renewals. I pay for mine up front, so if they're going to make any extra money off me, they'd have to know the extra per game and have that in the price of next seasons ticket. Otherwise, all this extra money everybody is going on about won't be made off 31k people. That changes the calculations somewhat.
Yes that was the point I was making. If we move mid season they are going to have to sort it quickly

I don't expect the club to charge any extra for season tickets on the basis that we'd be moving to Bramley Moore mid-way through the season. They can't really because they can't guarantee exactly when it would be. It would complicate things massively.

The additional income would come by way of increased match-day revenue from additonal tickets, supporter spend, advertising etc. Any significant increase in season ticket price would come at the start of the first full season at Bramley Moore.

For people who have taken hospitality at BM, but don't currently have a season ticket at Goodison, then they might organise some sort of 'part season' ticket for them but i expect that would be a relatively small minority.
People would want to know the potential cost of their new seat at BMD to ensure they make the correct choice.
I don't think there is a problem with hospitality as there are so many more hospitality seats at BMD and those seats will already have been chosen

People would want to know the potential cost of their new seat at BMD to ensure they make the correct choice.
I don't think there is a problem with hospitality as there are so many more hospitality seats at BMD and those seats will already have been chosen
Which people will find out during the consultation process for the ground move. If the club decide to move mid-season I can't see any way they can justify trying to charge existing season ticket holders more for that season.

It won't be possible for them to determine what the additional cost might be at the beginning of next season because they won't be able to guarantee when the first game would be if moving part-way through. Similarly, I can't see them turning around to supporters when they do know and say 'We're moving on such a date so if you want to carry on watching us at Bramley Moore you need to pay a further £XXX'.

There's no reason why the club couldn't just let supporters pick their new seat at BM, move without paying anything extra for the remainder of the season and then undertake the renewal process as usual for the following season. If someone doesn't want to renew for the first full season at BM then they don't. They just happen to get 'X' amount of games at BM included in their final season ticket without any extra charge.

Which people will find out during the consultation process for the ground move. If the club decide to move mid-season I can't see any way they can justify trying to charge existing season ticket holders more for that season.

It won't be possible for them to determine what the additional cost might be at the beginning of next season because they won't be able to guarantee when the first game would be if moving part-way through. Similarly, I can't see them turning around to supporters when they do know and say 'We're moving on such a date so if you want to carry on watching us at Bramley Moore you need to pay a further £XXX'.

There's no reason why the club

couldn't just let supporters pick their new seat at BM, move without paying anything extra for the remainder of the season and then undertake the renewal process as usual for the following season. If someone doesn't want to renew for the first full season at BM then they don't. They just happen to get 'X' amount of games at BM included in their final season ticket without any extra charge.
Or for example next season a seat in the Upper Bullens is £703 which is £37 per match. They let you choose you seat at BMD. I choose the East stand eqivalent knowing it is £950 for a season ticket there or £50 a match. We move mid-season and I know in advance my liability for the season. To do this they would have to determine the pricing structure at BMD and let us pick individual seats. They would have to be organised it could be done

Or for example next season a seat in the Upper Bullens is £703 which is £37 per match. They let you choose you seat at BMD. I choose the East stand eqivalent knowing it is £950 for a season ticket there or £50 a match. We move mid-season and I know in advance my liability for the season. To do this they would have to determine the pricing structure at BMD and let us pick individual seats. They would have to be organised it could be done
Picking your seat etc for a mid-season move and knowing how much you will pay for a full season at BM isn't the issue. That can easily be sorted.The club will already know the pricing structure etc now.

The issue as I see it is realising any increased reveue from season ticket holders when moving mid-season. The club can't determine at which point in the 24-25 season BM might be ready so at the point of renewal they can't charge you for X games at Goodison and X games at Bramley Moore. Well, they could but if they get it wrong then you're into the realms of credits/ refunds which would be a nightmare.

They would therefore need to come back to season ticket holders after renewal and ask for more money when they know what the definitive move date will be; if they decided to re-locate mid-season. That won't happen in my opinion. I think existing season ticket holders would be allowed to pick seats and move across to BM without paying any extra initially. Only paying the increased season ticket price at the start of the first full season, if they decided to renew.

This is why there will be little appetite for a mid-season move because, whilst perfectly doable, its a bit of a pain logistically and everything is much simpler if done during the off season.

The Leitch pattern looks more prominent on some pillars than others to me. Wonder if it'll be a weathering thing.

View attachment 231537
Yeah they definitely dun goofed with that as there is no way at all that they would have intended it to be so faint. Either include it and make it a prominent feature, or don't include it at all. They've landed somewhere in the middle.

Still, doesn't really matter at all because the brickwork looks ace, whether you can notice the pattern or not.

Picking your seat etc for a mid-season move and knowing how much you will pay for a full season at BM isn't the issue. That can easily be sorted.The club will already know the pricing structure etc now.

The issue as I see it is realising any increased reveue from season ticket holders when moving mid-season. The club can't determine at which point in the 24-25 season BM might be ready so at the point of renewal they can't charge you for X games at Goodison and X games at Bramley Moore. Well, they could but if they get it wrong then you're into the realms of credits/ refunds which would be a nightmare.

They would therefore need to come back to season ticket holders after renewal and ask for more money when they know what the definitive move date will be; if they decided to re-locate mid-season. That won't happen in my opinion. I think existing season ticket holders would be allowed to pick seats and move across to BM without paying any extra initially. Only paying the increased season ticket price at the start of the first full season, if they decided to renew.

This is why there will be little appetite for a mid-season move because, whilst perfectly doable, its a bit of a pain logistically and everything is much simpler if done during the off season.
But we'd still be giving revenue away every game from the 15k extra seats and hospitality. Better off making an assumption of half the season at GP half at BM. If timing slips offer the person a discount for next year's renewal. It's not that complicated and worth it for the extra £15-20m we could get for half a season at BM. Imagine the first game is just before or after Xmas. It would a great present.

But we'd still be giving revenue away every game from the 15k extra seats and hospitality. Better off making an assumption of half the season at GP half at BM. If timing slips offer the person a discount for next year's renewal. It's not that complicated and worth it for the extra £15-20m we could get for half a season at BM. Imagine the first game is just before or after Xmas. It would a great present.

15k at £50 each is only £750k per game. Then max of 10 games doesn't make £15-20m.

Even if everybody bought 2 pints and a pie it wouldn't make any difference as Sodexo take a chunk anyway and if we change the contract we'll have to pay out early contract cancellation fees. Would be interesting to know when the next contract renewal is due.

15k at £50 each is only £750k per game. Then max of 10 games doesn't make £15-20m.

Even if everybody bought 2 pints and a pie it wouldn't make any difference as Sodexo take a chunk anyway and if we change the contract we'll have to pay out early contract cancellation fees. Would be interesting to know when the next contract renewal is due.
I agree. Meanwhile, they could continue PL games at Goodison and still use the BMD stadium for other events, concerts etc, both for test event purposes and bringing in additional revenue. They could even maybe try and sell big screen events for home or away games for additional fans to experience the new ground.

Be creative.

This is one of those things that is as easy or as hard as you want to make it. Long as they are upfront with everyone, then it wouldn't be an issue. Season ticket holders either agree to the terms or someone else comes along and takes your spot.

It's the hospitality that really pays but even by your sums 7.5 million in ticket sales is not to be sneezed and however much percentage we make on top for concessions. Other questions need to be asked like is the naming sponsor only going to come on board once we start playing there? If so perhaps we can make ballpark 5 to 7 million for the half a year. Do we go on a cup run aided by a few home games?

It all adds up for a club that needs every last penny at the moment.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back