New Everton Stadium

Good to see traffic cone nonce inspecting the progress…

IMG_0093.webp

That the away end? Either way, if the home end mirrors that steepness at the top wouldn't it make sense to have rail seats up there?

Otherwise fans will constantly be told to sit, whereas you want the whole stand stood as often as poss if you want it intimidating.

If only the official safe standing areas are stood then that's only half a Blue Wall.

Further, if the new legislation moves from 1:1 to only 1:3, it will only take 5.5k converted safe standing spaces to go over 60k, which is similar to the bottom tier of the new South Stand, with further provisions for the north stand lower as well.

A 1.3:1 ratio, will never yield a 60k+ capacity unless far more capacity is given up to safe-standing. At present only the lower section of the South stand and a small part of the visitor's section are earmarked for safe standing. I think that's a total of approximately 7500. That equates to just a 2,250 increase at 1.3:1 and 3,750 at 1.5:1. Even if the whole Lower North stand was also safe-standing, that would only give a total 4-6,000 increase. Making the Upper South stand safe-standing too would nudge it over 60k (at 1.5:1), but that might compromise the concourse space and of course would reduce our seated capacity to less than that at Goodison. Of course that is all dependent on a legislation change, which is by no means a certainty. Colin Chong said at a meeting with Shareholders that he thought any future expansion would be by extending the east and west stands. This of course would require whole new side roof sections. Hopefully it would also help facilitate a closing roof to increase the stadium flexibility/atmosphere.
Yes, apologies, quite a large miscalculation on my part there, which was incorrectly calculated based on adding an additional 5.5k seats at that ratio, rather than adapting current capacity. The 1.3 to 1.1 ratio would in fact require about 23,000 safe standing spaces to make up the short fall, giving roughly 30,000 safe standing places, increasing the total capacity to 60k.

At 1.5, it would take just over 14k seats, which would be the equivalent of bottom tiers of both the North and south stands, plus maybe another other 2 thousand in either of the East or West to take it up to 60k.

So its still doable, but not as easy as i initially said. Thats what you get for doing maths at 1am after taking Codeine.

Regardless, it will look and sound amazing.

Yes, apologies, quite a large miscalculation on my part there, which was incorrectly calculated based on adding an additional 5.5k seats at that ratio, rather than adapting current capacity. The 1.3 to 1.1 ratio would in fact require about 23,000 safe standing spaces to make up the short fall, giving roughly 30,000 safe standing places, increasing the total capacity to 60k.

At 1.5, it would take just over 14k seats, which would be the equivalent of bottom tiers of both the North and south stands, plus maybe another other 2 thousand in either of the East or West to take it up to 60k.

So its still doable, but not as easy as i initially said. Thats what you get for doing maths at 1am after taking Codeine.

Regardless, it will look and sound amazing.
I don't think there is sufficient demand for standing to achieve 62,000 on a 1.3:1 ratio basis.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back