New Everton Stadium

Pretty sure these reported security threats wouldn't have come from LG scals who were going to rush the pitch, climb into the family enclosure, clamber up into the roof of the boxes and throttle our glorious leader, much more likely they came from the main stand.

(if they had any credible threats in the first place, obviously)
Bill was a schmoozer. Schmoozing will happen in the west stand.

Bill was a schmoozer. Schmoozing will happen in the west stand.
Bill was a schmoozer, but he's dead.

I would hope the levels of toe curling schmoozing and pestering whoever is in earshot to listen to regurgitated stories are long gone. Whatever schmoozing that goes on there better be for the good of the club rather than his own feeling of self worth.

If there's even a hint of anything significant being named in recognition of his time as Everton owner/chair the protest groups better be more organised than ever.

He has no right at all to be recognised for posterity.

I don't want to sit in a Kenwright stand, I don't want to look at a Kenwright stand.

He tried, he failed. The quicker he's forgotten the better.

I would hope the levels of toe curling schmoozing and pestering whoever is in earshot to listen to regurgitated stories are long gone. Whatever schmoozing that goes on there better be for the good of the club rather than his own feeling of self worth.

If there's even a hint of anything significant being named in recognition of his time as Everton owner/chair the protest groups better be more organised than ever.

I don't want to sit in a Kenwright stand, I don't want to look at a Kenwright stand.

I'm not telling you what I want, I'm telling you what I think will happen.

Wow.

Not a fan personally but he is still held with great affection, particularly by those working at the club.

We can rise above such divisive talk surely. So what if a stand or part of the ground is named after him, doesn't really make much difference

It makes zero sense. Its a new start for us all. I wouldnt like the stands being a HK or SPC end neither. They are Goodison legends in their own ways. North, East, West and South, (upper/lower obvs), and as legends are uncovered at BMD, then think about honouring them with naming stands.

If Kenwright had funded the build, then maybe that would warrant some recognition I guess. But he didnt.

Oh I get that.

It cannot happen.

I think it will, to be honest. Unless naming rights can be sold for each stand, which I doubt as it'd devalue the overall stadium sponsorship cachet.

We should have a forum sweep on the names of the four stands, see who gets most right.

North - Holy Trinity
East - Farhad Moshiri
South - Dixie Dean
West - Bill Kenwright

I'm thinking controversial choices for east and west, there.

Wow.

Not a fan personally but he is still held with great affection, particularly by those working at the club.

We can rise above such divisive talk surely. So what if a stand or part of the ground is named after him, doesn't really make much difference
The stadium will be Evertons ground for the next several decades.

Those staff at the club who had affection for him (it wasn't as universal as you imply) will be long gone too.

I'm not a fan of ANY stand being named after a player/manager, and definitely not an administrator.

Anyway, let's see what happens. If imagine whatever plans they have will be announced in the next 12 months.

The stadium will be Evertons ground for the next several decades.

Those staff at the club who had affection for him (it wasn't as universal as you imply) will be long gone too.

I'm not a fan of ANY stand being named after a player/manager, and definitely not an administrator.

Anyway, let's see what happens. If imagine whatever plans they have will be announced in the next 12 months.
I agree with you, for what it's worth. But I also think points of the compass names are a bit dull.

Personally, I'd like the stands to be named Nelson, Mersey, Sandon and Regent Road. Relative geographical references, like the stands of Goodison.

Wow.

well it does, because he's been a massive failure and was a lying scumbag.

condolences have been made, time to move on from that era, and naming a stand after him wouldn't be a good start (which he absolutely does not merit based on his running of the club)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back