New Everton Stadium

So much potential for terrific iconic monuments/statues around the ground. Shouldn't be underestimated how boss the stadium and surrounding area will look once completed on TV coverage..... especially with the European Championships etc. It's up to the designers and decision makers to make sure the place boosts the profile of Everton and highlights the club being the original team of the city.
If the space is not given over to advertising, then I would like to see 30 foot high letters, illuminated in royal blue, spelling out EVERTON FC 1878

There is a rebuild planned at Goodison. At the moment included are the fans stones and I believe the statues.
Personally I think the statues should be moved to BMD and given pride of place on the fans plaza were they will be seen on a regular basis by 53k and by visitors that will be attracted to the site and will learn about our history.
I think other clubs that have moved have historic statues at the new ground. eg Sunderland & Middlesbrough.
Whilst we have long fond memories of Goodison once we have moved our focus will be BMD not L4. Whilst not on the same scale Northwich Vics had a historic ground which now has houses on it. Time moves on, our match day rituals will change and I think the place for the statues is where Everton play and Evertonians gather

The statues should be removed IMHO.

The stadium will have some soulless corporate name. I'm happy for the stands to be just East, west, north, south..
Failing that, Dean, Kendall, Southall and one more from Ball, Young, Harvey, Latchford, Gray, Sharp, Stevens, etc.
Also I'd love to see a huge statue of Southall in that seated pose against a post. Maybe outside the southwest corner of the stand so fans could get great shots of him with the city in the background!
Just a thought.
Time to honor our greatest living blue.
Time to get the club out of it's current finincial situation.. The Tesco stand, the BT end, The AstraZeneca stand and the Aviva home end... we need to milk this for all it's worth when it's brand new.

As long as they are willing to hand over enough money they can call the stands almost whatever they want as far as i'm concerned.

Think the concern would be more from the overall stadium naming partner? I've no clue, but I suspect overall stadium naming partner would dictate brand exclusivity.

Could maybe get away with lounges etc, but I'd be surprised if stands had their own naming agreement.

Think the concern would be more from the overall stadium naming partner? I've no clue, but I suspect overall stadium naming partner would dictate brand exclusivity.

Could maybe get away with lounges etc, but I'd be surprised if stands had their own naming agreement.
Let them dictate, I just mentioned a few random Companies.. I really don't care what the stands etc are called (within reason) as long as they pay enough.

Let them dictate, I just mentioned a few random Companies.. I really don't care what the stands etc are called (within reason) as long as they pay enough.

I think they'd dictate no brand is the point I'm making mate. It would devalue their sponsorship.

Do Emirates allow Arsenal to secure individual naming rights for their stands? I very much doubt it.

Can any computer nurds I mean experts do the Hollywood sign and change it to Everton fc 1878
I tried using AI to generate this for you, unfortunately we have some way to go before AI is any good at generating reliable text. And people think AI will soon be overtaking the world...

UP THE MIGHTY EVELYTN !!!

Screenshot 2023-11-08 152215.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back