New Everton Stadium

I was slightly exaggerating.

:)
Slightly 🙄 but why 🤷🏻‍♂️ seriously, mister drone has been flying his drone at least twice a week. Several others flying on other days weekly. I’ve worked in that area for 15 years and I know about the wind occasionally not always.
Regards the temperature again mister drone benefitting from climate having filmed bmd and rs stadium confirmed it was a lot colder inland.
Time will tell and suspect we will experience adverse conditions but suspect we will benefit more enjoying the whole new experience and hospitality of our new home 🙏

Why? The North stand will be mainly occupied by Everonians and presumably it will also be access to many in the West Stand too. I'm sure there will be baffles and walls to help prevent a wind tunnel effect.
There's been loads of work done on wind mitigation with measures in place all around the ground. Remains to be seen how well they work but it's something the club have definitely spent money on both investigating and mitigating the effects of.

There's been loads of work done on wind mitigation with measures in place all around the ground. Remains to be seen how well they work but it's something the club have definitely spent money on both investigating and mitigating the effects of.

In the planning permission there's graphics showing how they've mitigated it.

Be interesting to see how good their modelling is ultimately. These ‘experts’ often talk a good game.
Was working on Cambridge Bio Medical Campus for a few years and the gap circled below is like hurricane alley when the wind picks up despite considerable time modelling and assurances to the contrary. The one on the right is a hospital so you can imagine there are elderly using that entrance.
Each building has different consultants but the master plan should have had it covered.
Then there’s the Walkie Talkie in London, while that was a solar issue rather than wind, that was melting things on the pavements below until rectified 🤣

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back