New Everton Stadium

So, if they've paid in full, what have they paid for? 3 seasons, 2.5 seasons or 3 seasons and will have to pay for 0.5 seasons in December?

Also, historically, season ticket prices are released soon. If they don't have a substantial mark up, what are we gaining on the early move? I assume you can't ask ST holders for extra after the fact in case we move in, you also can't chuck in a substantial increase without reasoning, the reasoning maybe being we move in in January. With that in mind, we should know pretty soon whats officially happening.
They will have paid in full for the first season (e.g. not the deposit) as to the best of my knowledge for it to be tax-deductible it shouldn't be in instalments.*

So little or nobody will have paid for three seasons. However, your point still stands about how they structure the deal and payments if it's half-a-season.

To put it simply, the issue is that the club are still waiting for a clearer deadline on the completion. If it's October, they are aiming for mid-January at the latest.

That would give the club 3.5-4 months at BMD. You asked what that's the point? Well, it's all the additional revenue that the club can generate through this time.

The club expect a serious uplift in revenue through food, drink, merchandise and whatnot, because to put it simply there'll be little around the group.

If the stadium is sat empty, we'll be paying for it until the new year with no additional revenue. To move in, will help pay for the stadium and support cash flow.

However, if the handover is later than this (e.g. in December), the acclimatisation period required means that the club will have a much shorter period in 24/25.

The club would therefore have to wait until August. This isn't verbatim, but the rumours suggest that hospitality would work in a very simple way...

... the difference (half-a-season) would be given in grace for those who do tie in for the full three seasons (when paying 3rd year), as the majority are new customers.

Current ST holders (those at Goodison) would move over to BMD as part of that year's prices, which are likely to go up next year and the year after.

They would then renew in each subsequent year. Hospitality prices for the 24/25 season and who haven't moved to BMD would be on a tariff.

*I'm not an expert on this by any stretch, just what the club mentioned.

They will have paid in full for the first season (e.g. not the deposit) as to the best of my knowledge for it to be tax-deductible it shouldn't be in instalments.*

So little or nobody will have paid for three seasons. However, your point still stands about how they structure the deal and payments if it's half-a-season.

To put it simply, the issue is that the club are still waiting for a clearer deadline on the completion. If it's October, they are aiming for mid-January at the latest.

That would give the club 3.5-4 months at BMD. You asked what that's the point? Well, it's all the additional revenue that the club can generate through this time.

The club expect a serious uplift in revenue through food, drink, merchandise and whatnot, because to put it simply there'll be little around the group.

If the stadium is sat empty, we'll be paying for it until the new year with no additional revenue. To move in, will help pay for the stadium and support cash flow.

However, if the handover is later than this (e.g. in December), the acclimatisation period required means that the club will have a much shorter period in 24/25.

The club would therefore have to wait until August. This isn't verbatim, but the rumours suggest that hospitality would work in a very simple way...

... the difference (half-a-season) would be given in grace for those who do tie in for the full three seasons (when paying 3rd year), as the majority are new customers.

Current ST holders (those at Goodison) would move over to BMD as part of that year's prices, which are likely to go up next year and the year after.

They would then renew in each subsequent year. Hospitality prices for the 24/25 season and who haven't moved to BMD would be on a tariff.

*I'm not an expert on this by any stretch, just what the club mentioned.
Cool, cause I was wondering what they'd do about the Sodexho contract. I assume that if they're looking to make more money on food and beverage, they're not carrying their contact over to BMD and are bringing it in house. Currently Sodexho make everything over a certain guaranteed income for Everton, so good to hear they're maximising potential incomes.

Perhaps not with Colin Chong in charge; the club still have quite a few key things undecided and continue to make some changes to the design and whatnot.

But, the hopeful plan is for games from towards the end of January. The club will sort the STs for Goodison first, and then immediately look at how to transition over.

Hospitality is already done.
Do you know what has to be decided and what changes they are thinking of making ?

let women and reserves play till the end of next season, crowds will be high with neutrals being interested as well
It was mentioned as part of the recent survey about interest in attending test events with the U21s and Women's teams so I expect that is certainly the way they will go.

I'm not sure how many they need to do but they will need to work through different capacities until they hit the maximum.

Do you know what has to be decided and what changes they are thinking of making ?
We're not talking about anything drastic; yet, the club are making changes, which come at a cost to us. It is to an extent frustrating LOR, but it's money for them.

I know that the names of the suites and stuff still haven't been conveyed to LOR, or at least not confirmed. Other stuff has been the tunnel, changing rooms...

... concourse layouts and stuff like that. Whether fans can move freely from one stand to the next once the project has been completed, still hasn't been agreed.

I'm not sure how many they need to do but they will need to work through different capacities until they hit the maximum.
The proposed plan is two, with scaled increases in attendances. However, that's not the thing that'll delay transfer - it's the acclimatisation and training schedule.

Some people have tried to poo-poo when I've said this, but this could be between a month or two. Goodison to BMD is a huge change in terms of infrastructure.

There'll be lots of people who'll need to over to new systems, plus lots of new staff who will need training.

I think I recall them saying they would stay where they are when we move, however that was when GP was being redeveloped. No idea if that’s still going ahead with all the ownership shenanigans.
Can’t see 777 being overly fussed about a legacy at GP.

Personally, I'd like to see those plans revisited in any case. Would it be possible to sell half of the site for housing and still have a football presence in some way? I'm thinking of keeping the Park End (as it's the newest stand and cheapest to maintain) and turning the pitch round 90 degrees so the touchline runs parallel. Would a pitch fit that way once the Goodison Road and the Bullens Road are demolished? Could use it for the under 21's and the ladies teams, perhaps? Thing is, it is a far cheaper option that what we have already heard and it would be more if a fitting tribute to Goodison Park, also.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back