New Everton Stadium

On the bright side it gives you something to moan about for the next 50 years.

I think my reservations about cost and the cost comparison with redevelopment have been more than fully vindicated. No moans, simple facts.

Our only hope now is that somehow we stay in the prem, this gets finished without killing us, Moshiri takes the hit for the bulk of the debt or that the stadium then attracts a new owner who can absorb the outstanding debt. So far the debt to the club has only increased and we've only attracted sharks and carpet baggers.

Yes, i spottted that long tent. Most of those tents cover entrances but that long one is definitely different as there is no entrance / exit at that position. I noticed in that area there was a slight gap in the terracing. I wondered if it was something like an expansion gap that they are now working on or sealing? That long tent seems to be covering that exact area. If you look at the East stand mirror image you can see the gap i mention.
#Winner 🥂

Yes, they've made a few too many short-cuts with Anfield's redevelopment. The poor utilisation of the corners etc has limited the ultimate potential and aesthetic. However, that needn't point to the potential of redevelopment per se. I've recently been to the Bernabeu, which has been redeveloped several times over the decades and wipes the floor with anything in the UK, by some margin. The Nou Camp is going through a similar process at present. Dortmund's stadium is lauded as one of the most intimidating stadia in the world.... and has been added to continuously in precisely the same way as Anfield. Similar the San Siro.... these are probably the most famous and iconic stadiums in the world and are all redeveloped stadia. So, it needn't be a case of redevelopment automatically means eyesore at all. Liverpudlians could equally argue that they'll get to 61k with far more corporate for less than £200m, which will have a ROI of just a few seasons with plenty of cash saved for team development..... when we could be financially hamstrung for decades or even completely bankcrupted by BMD. I don't think that they are in the least bit envious of our position right now.... shiny new stadium or not. They're far more concerned with trying to compete with best home and abroad. We're trying to stay in business!
really we need a next level investor who will come in and clear the stadium debt. Without that we are not going to make any big strides in the short or even medium term.

I do think it is an important symbolic move for the club. This is clearly going to be an excellent stadium in location that will look great on those aerial shots during televised games. We just gave to hope we can keep our heads above water.

For the RS much harder to leave their spiritual home as the have had some recent success and great memories. For us we need a fresh start.

The RS also could do with a 75k + capacity which is suspect would not be possible in their current location. They will be complaining in a few years when United redevelop or move to a new super stadium

I think my reservations about cost and the cost comparison with redevelopment have been more than fully vindicated. No moans, simple facts.

Our only hope now is that somehow we stay in the prem, this gets finished without killing us, Moshiri takes the hit for the bulk of the debt or that the stadium then attracts a new owner who can absorb the outstanding debt. So far the debt to the club has only increased and we've only attracted sharks and carpet baggers.
Way to demonstrate my point. Happy Friday.

View attachment 237104
Seems from this picture from the Everton Twitter that the Archibald Leitch brickwork will stand out more when the brick has weathered a bit. Looks like it has a white powder /dusting on it when new. Some now looks much darker, i guess it will take a while to truely stand out as designed.
Looks amazing!!
🤔 Or It might just weather naturally all over so no change.
I can see a touch-up job on the horizon to make them stand out

The new stadium will give us an massive leg-up longterm to compete
As with DK or even a Goodison Re-develop, the big money maker is longterm onfield success...

Who knows how long those pesky Expensive Interest Repayments will be a millstone round our necks for...or how much they even are.

40,000 @ £50 X 19 PL games per season =£38M
52,000 @ £75 X 19 PL games per season =£74 M.

A gain of £36M

Will it be enough...are my figures even realistic...

What are the repayments on £700M from dodgy lenders??
Nobody knows.
Never assume and don't count your chickens etc
, in addition to the huge source of pride in the city that may sway support in our direction in the future. It's a proper football stadium, a real gem. I can suffer this now to enjoy better future for the club.

Obviously I want to win trophies but I think this club is about more than that in this city.

All that was demonstrated was your non-point.
Everyone knows your view but there is no going back now and no point crying over spilt milk. Endlessly criticising the decision is just boring to be honest. You can only say I told you so so many times. Are you ant least a little excited about the prospect of watching us in a world class unique stadium?

Everyone knows your view but there is no going back now and no point crying over spilt milk. Endlessly criticising the decision is just boring to be honest. You can only say I told you so so many times. Are you ant least a little excited about the prospect of watching us in a world class unique stadium?

Not crying about anything at all. There was no "moan" in the post, and I've barely posted for months, so it's hardly "endless" either. Probably been to see the build more than most on here and at least as excited too by most aspects of it....... that doesn't change the basic facts or issues, especially considering the resultant parlous state of the club, which is a direct result of some of the decision-making that has seen a whole board dismantled and an owner desperate to get off at Edge Hill.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back