New Everton Stadium

🤔 Or It might just weather naturally all over so no change.
I can see a touch-up job on the horizon to make them stand out
No mate, it's the way videos work by compressing the data and 'smoothing/copying'adjacent data (Interpolation). I wont bore you with it, I have mentioned it before. get a decent camera with a big lens and big sensor close up and you'lll see the darker bricks, using a phone/drone size camera lens with a small sensor and you have no chance of having that level of colour change detail

Nahh, these people dont just wake up one day and start make these cladded panels. They are experts, have done tonnes of them and know exactly what they are doing. Over time like a fine wine they will come good.
You are labouring under a misapprehension caused by insufficient facts*
They're not right now...and they're not going to get any better

Edit; having listened to Brother Stanton I withdraw my remarks ( @arch stanton )

Last edited:

You are labouring under a misapprehension caused by insufficient facts*
They're not right now...and they're not going to get any better

Edit; having listened to Brother Stanton I withdraw my remarks ( @arch stanton )
Im still not convinced brother stanton is completely correct that this is 100% related to camera definition. The picture that Everton twitter posted was surely taken with a VERY high definition camera and not a drone. From their picture some of the darker bricks are VERY clear and some are not. Its inconsistent, and im sticking to my point that as the rain washes the brick work it will 'clean' off the surface to reveal all the dark bricks to be the same depth of colour.

Im still not convinced brother stanton is completely correct that this is 100% related to camera definition. The picture that Everton twitter posted was surely taken with a VERY high definition camera and not a drone. From their picture some of the darker bricks are VERY clear and some are not. Its inconsistent, and im sticking to my point that as the rain washes the brick work it will 'clean' off the surface to reveal all the dark bricks to be the same depth of colour.
I suspect that, with respect, you don't understand the issue. Definition is nothing to do with interpolation interpolation, and the sheer physics of having a small sense and a small sensor, trying to detect small things from a distance with a device that is designed to output impressive looking images rather that true capture, compared to a big lens, big/full frame sensor and a shorter distance with an SLR camera.
The effect is small lenses and small sensors have lots of 'photoshop' type of corrections going on to produce impressive images with cost effective architecture.
Feel free to go ahead and stick with your rainwashing theory, I'm going the game.

I suspect that, with respect, you don't understand the issue. Definition is nothing to do with interpolation interpolation, and the sheer physics of having a small sense and a small sensor, trying to detect small things from a distance with a device that is designed to output impressive looking images rather that true capture, compared to a big lens, big/full frame sensor and a shorter distance with an SLR camera.
The effect is small lenses and small sensors have lots of 'photoshop' type of corrections going on to produce impressive images with cost effective architecture.
Feel free to go ahead and stick with your rainwashing theory, I'm going the game.
You sound like you are an subject matter expert on these things, so ill leave it there as i am just passing an uneducated opinion on various pics ive seen.
Enjoy the game im watching it on the TV and I have the beers cooling in the fridge! Hoping i can enjoy them rather than using alcohol as an anathethetic as is usually the case! 🤣

the inner edge of the polycarbonate section sits pretty much directly over the bottom row of seats so allowing for swirl/wind direction, the bottom few rows are always likely to get a bit damp

It's a common problem at many modern stadia with their high upturned roof lines. Some more notoriously than others. It's a shame that they haven't extended the roof lines to at least the edges of the playing area to help mitigate against this partial coverage issue. Bilbao fitted a new inner cable-net roof after fans regularly deserted much of the lower tier of their waterfront stadium when it rained. Maybe a few wet premium seated "customers" might prompt similar at BMD.

You sound like you are an subject matter expert on these things, so ill leave it there as i am just passing an uneducated opinion on various pics ive seen.
Enjoy the game im watching it on the TV and I have the beers cooling in the fridge! Hoping i can enjoy them rather than using alcohol as an anathethetic as is usually the case! 🤣
I did enjoy mate, cold but fun. Jingle bells etc 👍😁

Apologies up front if asked already, did search this thread but too many hits to make it useful. Will be in Liverpool over xmas from Australia and would like to take the kids to lunch somewhere that has an elevated view of the new stadium. Any suggestions?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back