New Everton Stadium

The main difference between their and our financial difficulties.... was their's was entirely because the G&H takeover was essentially a leveraged buy out. They bought LFC with loans and other people's money. The credit crunch made their ownership and their stadium ambitions a financial chasm. As soon as the ownership changed, that was rectified in an instant, and their true financials were far healthier than ours. We've been haemorrhaging money for decades and have gone "all in" on the stadium. Hopefully the gamble works out. It's hard to tell because we don't know what the ultimate debt to the club will be....
All comes down to financial missmanagement and thats on the board. Maybe like you say if we had invested in Goodson over the previous decades we would be in a much better position.
Hopefully we can move on from the previous mismanagement, the stadium is a springboard for us and we can attract some better quality investors.
I dont really understand how the RS turned it around, but GandH sounded like 777 so perhaps this is our first step in turning things around and getting some proper board level management.

All comes down to financial missmanagement and thats on the board. Maybe like you say if we had invested in Goodson over the previous decades we would be in a much better position.
Hopefully we can move on from the previous mismanagement, the stadium is a springboard for us and we can attract some better quality investors.
I dont really understand how the RS turned it around, but GandH sounded like 777 so perhaps this is our first step in turning things around and getting some proper board level management.

LFCs debt was almost entirely due to H&G loading their debt onto the club.
Once FSG came in, that was no longer the case, and they were sustainable again. Their expansions have only increased their turnover and sustainability further. Our situation is much different. The club was hollowed out by Kenwright for decades and Moshiri's/USM's millions were squandered on clearing our previous debts, buying predominantly average players/managers, keeping a relatively low income club afloat and building the stadium.

Hopefully the stadium can prompt a wealthier owner.

There can be absolutely no doubt that the stadium is a positive for the club, regardless of the current financial predicament.

It is certainly no panacea for our problems and will contribute to more austerity in years to come, but we cannot hope to move forward without it.

It is a magnificent development. For once, we are at the forefront of something great that will be admired near and far and not lagging behind.

What a day it will be when it can finally open for a competitive fixture.

In the midst of such misery and uncertainty, this is a massive beacon of hope. Let's embrace and celebrate it. I don't care what the kopites think.

LFCs debt was almost entirely due to H&G loading their debt onto the club.
Once FSG came in, that was no longer the case, and they were sustainable again. Their expansions have only increased their turnover and sustainability further. Our situation is much different. The club was hollowed out by Kenwright for decades and Moshiri's/USM's millions were squandered on clearing our previous debts, buying predominantly average players/managers, keeping a relatively low income club afloat and building the stadium.

Hopefully the stadium can prompt a wealthier owner.
But Liverpool make fortunes commercially just like Utd , Chelsea etc so they can make a lot of mistakes in the market and carry on, to a point. Looks like it could take us 10yrs to recover from our poor spending in the moshiri early years.

Before Klopp, they had some average mangers and wasted a lot of money on poor players, hopefully with the new ground and new owners/board we can get to a situation where we can spend again.

Without drama? I wouldn't say our current plight is "without drama". Far from it in fact! I never go on LFC websites but I know quite a few blues who do and they tell me that our stadium us barely ever mentioned. Know hundreds of Kopites and many of them seem to think it's a good thing for the city and doesn't really impact them. Hopefully their complacency is misplaced, but I don't see any evidence of them "frothing" with jealousy at all.
Silence is golden...and speaks a thousand words.

But Liverpool make fortunes commercially just like Utd , Chelsea etc so they can make a lot of mistakes in the market and carry on, to a point. Looks like it could take us 10yrs to recover from our poor spending in the moshiri early years.

Before Klopp, they had some average mangers and wasted a lot of money on poor players, hopefully with the new ground and new owners/board we can get to a situation where we can spend again.
10 years ! say things started going really bad for us financially wise about 1992 that will be nearly 40 years of being a mess off the pitch , some achievement that

Yes, Goodison is very tired, but that's what you get when you haven't invested in it for 30yrs and in reality over 50yrs for anything really substantial.

Yes, the new stadium is phenomenal, but it's delusional to think that the vast majority of kopites are the least bit bothered by it. They're going to get up to 60k+ and are chasing trophies. We're chasing survival and barely register with them anymore.

You need to go back onto those happy pills……

Not on footy forums it doesn't.... if this was a major issue to them, they wouldn't be able to hold their water and the forums would be full of it.
Twitter is effectively a forum and they talk about it a lot.

In fact, before the build began they talked about it a LOT more than Evertonians did.

I used to search for “Bramley Moore” on there and it would be at least 70% kopites banging on.

They hate it, not all of them of course, but a high number of them.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back