New Everton Stadium

We will be testing transport and access/egress infrastructure as well as the stadium itself. Spurs were using tried and tested infrastructure that had also been improved. That might account for some of the delays... Perhaps anticipation of construction/financial delays too.

Everton get the keys in just over a years time

You’ve then got to get season tickets situated, train staff in all the new stadium procedures, have run throughs of those before you allow people in, make sure all the staff moving into the building have everything they need, train bar staff etc

All that sort of stuff before you even have a test event with peoples.

The test events can be done quickly, sure, but it’s a long process getting there. Spurs were doing these with the stadium still having last minute touch ups but it’s not comparable because they were on the hook for rent at Wembley

Nah, this should all be ongoing now. That doesn’t take 6 months anyway.

Nope.

They change procedures at Goodison every few weeks - I have mates who are stewards, they have regular changes - so they can't exactly start planning and running through those for a stadium that is 12 months away from move in

They can take bar staff to a pub though and show them how to pour a pint and make a martini. They can provide office equipment for someone to put in a bag and move into a new office. They can provide a virtual seat viewing system to allow people to choose their seats.

I’m not buying it takes 6 months to train some stewards.

Nope.

They change procedures at Goodison every few weeks - I have mates who are stewards, they have regular changes - so they can't exactly start planning and running through those for a stadium that is 12 months away from move in
That’s makes no sense. You’re saying the reason for the delay is because of the training but it needs to repeated all the time because it goes out of date?

We could have done. Just not on the docks or with the design of BMD.
I assume we could quite easily have made the East & West sides bigger, and then made the gaps between the seats finishing and the roof larger in the North & South stands. Anyway they haven't. Tough on those who otherwise would have had tickets

Would imagine theyve still factored in an upgrade option for a few more thousand seats in the future. When its regularly full and theres still thousands of season ticket requests, we will do it right - unlike Letterbox Analfield.

I assume we could quite easily have made the East & West sides bigger, and then made the gaps between the seats finishing and the roof larger in the North & South stands. Anyway they haven't. Tough on those who otherwise would have had tickets

Oh from an architecture point of view, no issue. But compromises had to be made with a combination of economics and to a degree, the heritage dudes.

Everton get the keys in just over a years time

You’ve then got to get season tickets situated, train staff in all the new stadium procedures, have run throughs of those before you allow people in, make sure all the staff moving into the building have everything they need, train bar staff etc

All that sort of stuff before you even have a test event with peoples.

The test events can be done quickly, sure, but it’s a long process getting there. Spurs were doing these with the stadium still having last minute touch ups but it’s not comparable because they were on the hook for rent at Wembley
The test events are concluded before the handover

IMO we should be playing games in BM as soon as we can, totally unacceptable decision from the club and obviously taking the easy option. Problem is there's no leadership, C Chong is basically keeping the ship afloat.
To leave a new built stadium, unused for 1st games for 8+ plus months is ridiculous.
Not to mention the strain it will have on our finances

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back