New Everton Stadium

Some Cup games at GP over the past couple years have been disasters, people getting in 10-15+mins late etc due to ST and general ticket issues. Could you imagine what it would've been like moving to a new stadium essentially overnight?

I mean tons of people this Summer were panicking as ST's hadn't even been sent out. No shot they'd get everyone sorted over like an international break lol

Not as I understood it. They've been pretty clear a decision had yet to be made. I mean, they've literally just made it. Anything else is just you shouting at the moon.

Oh is it now?

Here's a discussion I had with you back in 2022...

That's true.

If you were speculating on it would you put much money on 2024/25 being the inaugural season?

With the build techniques being used now by LoR, I would expect that how it is going now we wont see a delay in opening season, but we have an entire winter to navigate yet. The methods that are currently being used, the transport to site of entire walls and complete structures really speed up the process and increase quality, but lifting a 10 meter long wall in high winds is not particularly great, you may as well hoist the main sail. Steel can be lifted in slightly higher winds, but i suspect the weather may have an effect overall. There will absolutely be some slippage written into the programme, it may just be a question of how much.

Right now, I'd be fairly confident, of a 24/25 season opening. Would need a drastic error/event for it not to be.

...and we had no major delays, so what went wrong with your prediction???

I doubt I'm the only one.

Its the sheer BS and spin they offer fans. If they'd just stated "listen, this will be 2025/26 we open because the logistics are insane for a move of this nature" everyone would have accepted it. But they didn't. They just treated fans like kids...again.

They have a complete contempt for their own fans. Always have and always will. These are the same people who'd have had fans locked up in a prison on trumped up charges of assaulting them.

What on earth are you on about? Dave, you know zip about this stuff, absolutely nothing of any note. You're acting like a child and asking the club to stop treating you like a child.

Telling us what is happening as they make the decision about what is happening is not showing contempt for the fans.

Acting like you've been wronged because you are angry about something you thought they should do, but ultimately decided not to do is utterly ridiculous. Stop acting like an entitled little brat.

Did you have money on it or something?

Apparently those of us ( me included) who aren't current season ticket holders or official members have no chance of getting a season ticket for the new stadium. Begs the question, why have we decided to build a stadium 10k less than West Ham and Spurs? Not to mention the RS expansion to still have the best stadium in the City, the powers that be at Goodison seem hellbent on making sure we stay just below the major clubs in the prem.

BTW, and in all seriousness, spare a thought for the many blues who will have loved to have gone to this stadium but for reasons of failing health maybe never will now.

I know I cant be the only one who's had that thought since this news broke.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back