New Everton Stadium

...so what was the "drastic error/event"* that stopped it happening.?

*Your words at the time.

Your making the wrong argument with the wrong person here Dave. You asked what my opinion was at to the season it will be open. My prediction was that it will be ready to open in the 24/25 season. Up until today, that was still a possibility, and is only no longer a possibility because of a decision that was made, a decision that many people on here have had opinions about.

I honestly have no idea why your wetting your knickers.

It's like turning up to a gig and asking why the headliners are on at 10 and not 9.
Could they be on at 9?
Probably yes.
Why aren't they?
They want to be on at 10.
So whats stopping them? Rain? Partial stage collapse?
Nope, just they want to go on at 10.

Your making the wrong argument with the wrong person here Dave. You asked what my opinion was at to the season it will be open. My prediction was that it will be ready to open in the 24/25 season. Up until today, that was still a possibility, and is only no longer a possibility because of a decision that was made, a decision that many people on here have had opinions about.

I honestly have no idea why your wetting your knickers.

It's like turning up to a gig and asking why the headliners are on at 10 and not 9.
Could they be on at 9?
Probably yes.
Why aren't they?
They want to be on at 10.
So whats stopping them? Rain? Partial stage collapse?
Nope, just they want to go on at 10.
Yes, precisely. Its wasn't a drastic error or event that dictated the opening was it? It was a decision not to open next season. A decision. A choice. One based on logistics they've had plenty of time to know and get used to understanding that they weren't in any position to open prior to 2025/26.

As said: this is another communications disaster from the headlock lot.

I personally don't like the thought of a stadium sitting there empty for half a season...but that's just my extremely humble opinion.
Seems wham to me as well. If Everton aren't blagging and it'll be ready end of 2024, there will be 7 months(!) of a completely finished football stadium just sat there. Other teams have moved during the season, so no reason why Everton couldn't do it, for example after the January winter break that's been introduced. Oh well, I guess good things are worth waiting for...

The stadium funding has never been in doubt and still isn't.

So, no, that's not the drastic error/event @Jacko93 refers to...
Really ?
Moshiri closed his cheque book.
Andy Bell, George Downing and MSP funded ongoing work.
777 have had to put money in to keep it going... and given the alleged state of their finances, that might dry up.

Terrible decision.

Unforgivable IMO.

A kick in the bollocks for the fans.

Well done Everton.
Those of us who actually attend games regularly will savor every single remaining game Goodison Park has left in her. I'll look forward to attending games at our new home as much as anyone but the fact that we'll get half a season more then I expected at one of my favourite places in the whole world is a wonderful early Christmas present as far as I'm concerned.

This is the best possible outcome. A mid-season move is a horrible idea. This club couldn't organise a orgy in a brothel. I don't want the inevitable chaos that would follow with a mid-season switch. Whats more, Goodison Park deseves a proper send-off. The Grand Old Lady has been our home for over a 100 years. I grew up going with my Dad and Grandad and my Grandad went with his Dad and Grandad. Goodison Park is more to me then just a football ground. Its part of what makes Everton my Everton. Its one of my favourite places. It means a lot to me and many others. I get that the time is right for a move, but there's a right way to go about that and a wrong way. For once, the people who run our club made the right choice and I'm greatful for that.

The stadium funding has never been in doubt and still isn't.

So, no, that's not the drastic error/event @Jacko93 refers to...
Really ?
Moshiri closed his cheque book.
Andy Bell, George Downing and MSP funded ongoing work.
777 have had to put money in to keep it going... and given the alleged state of their finances, that might dry up.
As Andy says, who is paying for it Dave, if its not in doubt, thats surely a very easy question to answer.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back