New Everton Stadium

those first few home games f the new season, in the sunshine n the dockside will be a fantastic opener, much more preferable to a windswept freezing February evening. It will also mean the final stages of the build dont have t be rushed t get us in to comply with an optimistic time frame. I'm nt bothered either way. I just want a season ticket to appear in my wallet for it

There’s no delay

There’s no boom in revenue to be had given the offsetting costs of a mid season move

The club will get months to sell all sorts of Goodison farewell stuff - including bits and pieces from around the ground

There will be no headaches as there would be trying to do it mid-season and in a rush. It wont be fully ready until March anyway, so why would you force a move then?

Like, come on, it’s the right decision and was always going to be the case.
The only bits and pieces I'll need is Wd40 and a spanner

Never have I ever heard that name prior to that lot using it.
In 1999, The Independent newspaper journalist David Conn unexpectedly coined the nickname "The Grand Old Lady" for the stadium when he wrote "Another potential suitor has apparently thought better of Everton, walking away on Tuesday from the sagging Grand Old Lady of English football, leaving her still in desperate need of a makeover.
I've just answered it: Everton Football Club have assured us all from gun to tape that there is no issue with funding.
Everton Football Club is not a trusted source.

In 1999, The Independent newspaper journalist David Conn unexpectedly coined the nickname "The Grand Old Lady" for the stadium when he wrote "Another potential suitor has apparently thought better of Everton, walking away on Tuesday from the sagging Grand Old Lady of English football, leaving her still in desperate need of a makeover.
1999?

Ha Ha.

That's about five 'kin minutes ago as far as some of us are concerned.

Some Kopite enabler like him used it did he? Great. So why does anyone repeat it?

The invention of tradition.

It's Goodison, or Goodison Park. It's not the Grand Old Lady...and neither is it "Goody Park, lad"

Everton Football Club is not a trusted source.
Its trusted today however over this announcement...

Yes, precisely. Its wasn't a drastic error or event that dictated the opening was it? It was a decision not to open next season. A decision. A choice. One based on logistics they've had plenty of time to know and get used to understanding that they weren't in any position to open prior to 2025/26.

As said: this is another communications disaster from the headlock lot.

They've just let us know. They've weighed up the pros and cons of each decision amd decided to have an full final season at Goodison and let us know pretty quickly after the decision was made. Why are you finding this so hard to understand?

No drastic error or event has stopped the ground being ready for the 24/25 season as far as I am aware, so I have absolutely no idea what your hanging your hat on that comment for.

I personally don't like the thought of a stadium sitting there empty for half a season...but that's just my extremely humble opinion.
Don't worry mate, I've decided to move me and the family in for half a season. I feel like a bit of rent free/mortgage free living for 6 months so I'm going to utilise BMD whilst it's sitting there doing nothing.

Reality is, the handover date will probably move right into Jan/Feb. Some issue will pop up in the final stages.

This is the correct and sensible decision.

No last min rushes and time to get everything right.

Christmas next year is when LOR are expecting to finish

Everton aren't going to have staff working to move over Christmas, so that move in for them begins mid-January - that's only day to day staff, like

Beyond that you have everything else, so you're talking March before its in 'working order'

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back