New Everton Stadium

If I remember right, the end from which that photo is taken is from the original, so it's probably easier to open in stages if that's the case

You're correct the North Stand was from the previous stadium that was on the same site, but even then that end was not like it was finished that day:

Screenshot_20231216_033311_Chrome.webp

People have mentioned it takes a lot of planning to move so it's better to move at the start of the next season, I just don't buy that. Whether you move mid-season or not you have a hard cut off date and you work to that. We have 12 months from now if we wanted to move say Jan 2025 and that is more than enough time.

I get that it's much nicer to move after the season ends, Goodison gets a summer (well May) send off, BM gets a summer opening. So for the heart that is great, my head is like WTF though.

For me this is great news, but I understand the disappointment of others. I haven't been back to Liverpool for a long time & I really want to take my son, a keen Evertonian to Goodison before she goes. He is old enough to travel on his own, but one last visit with my son would be a special thing. I couldn’t get there this season, but hopefully with more time, next season is doable.

How easy is it to book tickets in advance? I assume overseas supporters can purchase online from the club. Any advice would be much appreciated as I don’t want to leave it too late.

There will be a reason(s). I havnt been local for eons, but maybe transport, external stuff basically, that need to be ready for the move?
We all know it will be chaos whether we move in the January or the August a few months won't make any difference. We know every time we get a home tie in a cup there is chaos at the turnstiles because tickets don't work etc

Some Cup games at GP over the past couple years have been disasters, people getting in 10-15+mins late etc due to ST and general ticket issues. Could you imagine what it would've been like moving to a new stadium essentially overnight?
That point proves the exact opposite of what you think it does. No matter how long you give the club it is still one big mess.

A few years too late this comment but does anyone think the stadium looks a bit cookie cutter ? the location is great but the actual interior looks proper unimaginative, why couldn't they build some tonk mega stand behind the goal like spurs ? instead we going with the generic-looking interior of every other modern stadium in existence.
You mean seats ?

Idiotic idea, we just got a 10 point deduction for failing P&S, an the people in charge of Everton say, I got a great idea let’s miss out on 80k extra people watching Everton and all the revenue it brings, so we can say good bye to a awful stadium, it crap sorry guy it just is

Idiotic idea, we just got a 10 point deduction for failing P&S, an the people in charge of Everton say, I got a great idea let’s miss out on 80k extra people watching Everton and all the revenue it brings, so we can say good bye to a awful stadium, it crap sorry guy it just is
I very much doubt the club have just said "lets move at the end of the season because that's our preference"

Circumstances have made the decision for us.

Mate, you can say many things about Goodison and the state it's in or lack of facilities, but using the word awful is not one of them - certainly not as an Evertonian.

Mate, you can say many things about Goodison and the state it's in or lack of facilities, but using the word awful is not one of them - certainly not as an Evertonian.
It is awful,
We havnt won a trophy there for 28 years
We havnt won the league there for going on 40 years
We bearly won a home game there the last 3 years.
Clearly a BK idea this, deliberately handicapping ourselves for no reason

You may love Goodison but the truth is it’s been a weight around our neck for decades

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back