New Everton Stadium

It snot like BMD wil sit empty, tey can fit lots of music events, football friendlies , exhibition matches etc. to test out and debug the new ground, They can open it up for tours and take a small fee for entry, we shouldn't lose tons of money by opting out of the mid-season move!

It is awful,
We havnt won a trophy there for 28 years
We havnt won the league there for going on 40 years
We bearly won a home game there the last 3 years.

Clearly a BK idea this, deliberately handicapping ourselves for no reason

You may love Goodison but the truth is it’s been a weight around our neck for decades
All those things may be true, however I think there's a slight case of false equivalence here. Goodison is not THE reason all those are true.

It may have been a part of a much wider problem, but I think it's grossly unfair to attribute our demise with Goodison. In other ways, it's been a positive.

Goodison for many years was a fortress: its bear-bit atmosphere has certainly contributed to us winning games over the past few decades.

Yes we've missed out on revenue and commercial opportunities, however I would suggest you could attribute those issues to a wider problem - governance.

Arguably, we've been poorly run since the halcyon days of the 80s. A better stadium wouldn't have completely rectified Johnson and his abject failings.

It wouldn't have changed the fact that Kenwright was completely skin, nor would it have resolved Moshiri's scattergun approach and general mismanagement.

I completely get while we have to move on, and in many ways I'm looking forward to it. Nevertheless, the stadium isn't going to a magic bullet that repairs all.

The reason we haven't lifted a trophy or won the league is because of other gross failings. Unless off the pitch issues are resolved, BMD won't change that.

It snot like BMD wil sit empty, tey can fit lots of music events, football friendlies , exhibition matches etc. to test out and debug the new ground, They can open it up for tours and take a small fee for entry, we shouldn't lose tons of money by opting out of the mid-season move!

The first real event of a club owned stadium should be the men's first team playing. If you don't like or can't afford [Enter generic band here] you could have had multiple RS fans sitting in your seat before you have. Doesn't seem right to me.

…..making the main news sports bulletins this morning, being ‘spun’ as a delay. I’m not sure of the actual reasons but it would make sense if this is happening to give the developers some ‘wiggle room’ and the difficult logistics of changing mid-season then the club should communicate it.

it might help if there is plans to have a couple of meaningful pilot events before next season finishes. I would consider an FA Cup game if the draw is kind.

Goodison deserves a great send off and Bramley Moore deserves a great start.

I am happy to spend more time at Goodison, I just hope we don't knock it all down for flats or a supermarket. I would like the stadium to be reduced to a new home for Everton Women and youth and incorporate the community and mental health facilities

IMG_9350.webp

Okay, with the pitch markings now in place, I’m convinced this is a joke at the expense of the ‘pitch won’t fit’ brigade.

View attachment 238633

Okay, with the pitch markings now in place, I’m convinced this is a joke at the expense of the ‘pitch won’t fit’ brigade.
I'd genuinely like the names of everyone one of the people who had the brass neck to suggest they'd designed a stadium and not thought about the most important thing in it.

If ever a vaults needed opening.

Put them in the stocks so we can throw cabbages at their face.

Last edited:

Talk is we get the keys end of 2024. Test events, snags, infrastructure catch up, logistics of move, even winter may suggest earliest we could move in being end of Feb ?
How many home games is that? 6 or 7?

Or a clear run after last home game at Goodison plus the fanfare of a new season.
Logistics of season ticket transfers probably easier ( but probably still problematic)
New season ticket holders onboarded easier.
Sales team will have every seat Possible sold by kick off 25/26

I think the fab are suggesting fan feedback was to start afresh with season 25/26

It is awful,

You may love Goodison but the truth is it’s been a weight around our neck for decades

The ground that has comfortably seen more top flight games than any other in the country and has more character and history of firsts than any other?

It's current state and that of the club is because of poor governance and in the case of Goodison, a complete lack of investment for decades. Yet somehow you blame Goodison for all that is wrong with our club?

Goodison has been our Talisman. The quality of the stadium built by our fore-fathers meant that it needed comfortably the least work of all stadia to be fully compliant with the Taylor report following Hillsborough. So the incompetents and impotents did just that, the very minimum, instead of taking it to the next level. GP was neglected and has had the least investment of ALL UK league stadia, and look where we are now. That indictment is the only thing that is "awful". Let's hope that Talismanic quality doesn't die with Goodison Park.

It is awful,

What a wank post. The stadium has nothing to do with us being unsuccessful on the pitch.

The first real event of a club owned stadium should be the men's first team playing. If you don't like or can't afford [Enter generic band here] you could have had multiple RS fans sitting in your seat before you have. Doesn't seem right to me.
Wouldnt bother me mate, making the six- toed mutants pay our rent and rates would make me smile :)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back