New Everton Stadium

The Geordies top 50k but until recently have been utter plop.

It helps, like, but part of it is management and strategy. We could have a 100k stadium and associated revenues for the whole Moshiri era, but we'd have still wanted it.

Stadium revenues are dwarfed by the combined TV rights, sponsorships, prize money, etc now anyway.

A stadium now is just about maximising revenues, rather than being the golden ticket to untold glories.

Stadium revenues are dwarfed by the combined TV rights, sponsorships, prize money, etc now anyway.

A stadium now is just about maximising revenues, rather than being the golden ticket to untold glories.
Absolutely, which is my point to an extent. It's not the be all and end all, but it does contribute. But it's all moot if you waste your revenues.

I wonder if construction might be paused in January for a few months if the 777 deal falls through whilst new investors/owners are identified. Perhaps this announcement is a precursor

I wonder if construction might be paused in January for a few months if the 777 deal falls through whilst new investors/owners are identified. Perhaps this announcement is a precursor
I would anyhow even with investors...what is the point to have a stadium fully build that you are not going to use for 6 months...dont make financial sense. It would at least ease some of the financial pressure we are on a little bit.

I would anyhow even with investors...what is the point to have a stadium fully build that you are not going to use for 6 months...dont make financial sense. It would at least ease some of the financial pressure we are on a little bit.
Surely a shutdown, complete with losing the workers and machinery to other jobs - followed by a rehire when we restart, would make that a more expensive endeavour.

Surely a shutdown, complete with losing the workers and machinery to other jobs - followed by a rehire when we restart, would make that a more expensive endeavour.
For me that's up to the builder in this case. Not sure what was the original timeline but the concept of building just in time is critical for any football club...spurs is a good example. We are not in a financial position to have 2 functioning football stadium for 6 months. The only other alternative is to use the new stadium for events concerts, etc... so that at least there is some income generated from it. I know that for a project of this size is not easy to have a clear roadmap and stick to it...but have the build completed at the end of 2024 is the worst outcome for us from a financial perspective.

For me that's up to the builder in this case. Not sure what was the original timeline but the concept of building just in time is critical for any football club...spurs is a good example. We are not in a financial position to have 2 functioning football stadium for 6 months. The only other alternative is to use the new stadium for events concerts, etc... so that at least there is some income generated from it. I know that for a project of this size is not easy to have a clear roadmap and stick to it...but have the build completed at the end of 2024 is the worst outcome for us from a financial perspective.

We stand to lose out on about 108k ticket sales for league games in that second half of the season. Goodison will sell out as always.

It's a drop in the ocean really. There will also be events that reduce that 'shortfall' further.

All things considered, I reckon a move in January would see us about 3,4 or 5 million better off, and that's just assuming we only use BMD for 6 months as a place for the women, u23's to play.

Isn’t the stadium building cost already secured with the MSP loans meaning that it will continue regardless, I also read the costs could rise by another £50m and the club has already budgeted this as the worse case scenario.

I think it will continue even if the 777 takeover fails

We stand to lose out on about 108k ticket sales for league games in that second half of the season. Goodison will sell out as always.

It's a drop in the ocean really. There will also be events that reduce that 'shortfall' further.

All things considered, I reckon a move in January would see us about 3,4 or 5 million better off, and that's just assuming we only use BMD for 6 months as a place for the women, u23's to play.
Much as I'm looking forward to the move, I imagine it would be a logistical nightmare to have the last match at Goodison just weeks before the first match at the new stadium.

Much as I'm looking forward to the move, I imagine it would be a logistical nightmare to have the last match at Goodison just weeks before the first match at the new stadium.

As somebody posted earlier, in the last 20-30 years the only team to move in to a new build during the season has been Spurs, despite many of those clubs having the opportunity to move in earlier.

Spurs was a bit of a shambles, wasn't it?

You can draw your own logical conclusions from that, or maybe Jimbob, 26, from Huyton knows more than all these clubs?

As somebody posted earlier, in the last 20-30 years the only team to move in to a new build during the season has been Spurs, despite many of those clubs having the opportunity to move in earlier.

Spurs was a bit of a shambles, wasn't it?

You can draw your own logical conclusions from that, or maybe Jimbob, 26, from Huyton knows more than all these clubs?

tbf Jimbob does have a degree in rocket propulsion systems so is quite a clever fella.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back