New Everton Stadium

I noticed on drone videos over the weekend there was no one on site on Friday, and none this week either. Seems a bit early to break up for Christmas. Anyone know why ?
Theres a building site at the bottom of our road, I just went past and the whole site is standing on the road, like 40 or 50 people, thought it was a bit weird, but I guess they are finishing for Xmas also.

Seems I retired too early. We would have finished Christmas Eve at 12 (if it was a week day) and gone on the Ale. Many happy memories of trying to put together toys for very impatient kids, while nursing a hangover.

….absolutely, i’m still reminded of the back-to-front handle bars.

Classy touch incorporating the old ‘port railway’ lines into the paving rather than bury it. I can honestly see this stadium winning awards and being an exemplar around the globe.

Last edited:

So, what you're saying is that the North End should be the cheapest goal end, and therefore essentially the Gwladys?

In a way, unfortunately yes. I know it means you lose a hard-core section of fans from the South but supply and demand.

Although the lower tier could be cheaper than the upper. So perhaps that could still be raucous enough. The upper with that view back to the city will be oversubscribed.

Is the stadium lit up at night? Thinking of going tonight before heading to goodison

It will be lit up enough to see it clearly.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back