New Everton Stadium

Specifically it's to do with deregulation of the buses which came in during Thatcher in 1986. Up until then buses were run as a public service. Since then they are private businesses run for profit. Liverpool City Region takes back control in the next couple of years. Thankfully.
Sadly I'm still not seeing anybody, public or private, magic-ing up a shed load of spare bues and drivers for a once a fortnight gig

Sadly I'm still not seeing anybody, public or private, magic-ing up a shed load of spare bues and drivers for a once a fortnight gig

But that is exactly what happens now with the Soccerbuses from the city centre and Sandhills. Must be worth their while. Also, within the near future, Steve Rotheram as Mayor of LCR can insist there is enough bus provision for football fans, once the City Region gets back control of buses, the way Greater Manchester has done recently.

Unless they've tested 50k people trying to get on for 15 minutes, I'll wait to judge their testing.

Tbh, I'd be surprised if it wasn't a WiFi system offered on a 5G backbone. That would in my opinion be the best solution.

Well obviously they couldn't or wouldn't do that on a busy industrial site, but they showed groups of between 20 and 30 people all on mobile phones testing the WiFi signal in different areas of the stadium.

The payments from 777 are clearly being used to keep this fantastic new project on course; not to keep the leccy on at Goodison!

It’s a good job as well, as Everton desperately need to leave the 1980’s behind, and get a stadium that is fit for the 21st century and the new world of FFP.

who’s your profile picture mate?

Unless they've tested 50k people trying to get on for 15 minutes, I'll wait to judge their testing.

Tbh, I'd be surprised if it wasn't a WiFi system offered on a 5G backbone. That would in my opinion be the best solution.
Too many people in china stealing our data for that to happen 😂

As for 50k connectivity you can run simulations which is normally pretty spot on. It's if they direct you to a Noddy registration page that can be a single point of failure.

Now what would be cool if your order your pint sat 15 minutes into kick off then it's ready for you. Would be the best settled Guinness around for sure.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back