New Everton Stadium

Any reason why the west stand has no seating whilst all the other stands do on the upper tier ?

Have they started installing the barrel roofing yet ?

Not the biggest stadium but looks like it will be the best in the league and one of the best in Europe

….i heard they got one of the seat numbers wrong so had to take them all out to start again.

Also, looking at the locks that lead direct to the river, it made me wonder, if we have a player that's a bit keane on the hoof and get cleared, might he send a ball out onto the water - so will we have the BMD jet ski for rescuing such?

I have yet to see a ball clear the main stand at Goodison and end up on the road... 😋

Not the biggest stadium but looks like it will be the best in the league and one of the best in Europe

Not big capacity wise but dwarfs the 61k Anfield in actual building size.

I have yet to see a ball clear the main stand at Goodison and end up on the road... 😋
Now that's a great bit of trivia mate. Reason I bring it up as a kid brought a ball in to school that he claimed his grandmother found in Bullens road during a game. Ball was a very expensive but worn White Mitre ball. OK jury was out as to whether it was genuine and it was not the main stand but i can't remember any ball clearing any stand and landing in the street. Have any?

Now that's a great bit of trivia mate. Reason I bring it up as a kid brought a ball in to school that he claimed his grandmother found in Bullens road during a game. Ball was a very expensive but worn White Mitre ball. OK jury was out as to whether it was genuine and it was not the main stand but i can't remember any ball clearing any stand and landing in the street. Have any?
In the 70’s I remember many occasions when the ball cleared the stands. Don’t recall seeing it at all or ever since the late 90’s.
Absolutely zero chance any ball will clear the stands at our new ground, just mentioned today funnily enough, that the main stand will sit comfortably under the new roof.

Didn't one clear the bullens the other week? No idea where it landed, but it went over the lip of the roof and never came back down.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back