New Everton Stadium

I can see it being sold to a third party and us renting it back. To stave off financial Armageddon.

Said this a while back but worth reiterating, I can't see anyone shelling out 500 million to buy a stadium with one natural tenant. Without a football club it's hard to see how it makes the return that investors would look for. That means they would be held to ransom by us as much as we would by them. When calculating the risks what would happen if we did decide to leave might make it a no go if they aren't confident bagging 7/8/9+ huge gigs per year.

If the RS did try to swoop in for it then we would almost certainly get Anfield and whilst we wouldn't be happy, it would pale into comparison to how they feel when the seats turn blue there. I'm thinking the fan reaction stops that dead.

Would rather stay at Goodison.

Renting your ground is just dead money.
Generally speaking, you are 100% correct. But it all depends on how much the rent is. Anyhow, I suggested well over a year ago that it might come to that but I was shot down in flames. Posters were saying it's against the terms of the lease of the Bramley-Moore dock or something.

It doesn't really matter. We either rent the stadium or pay back the interest on the loan to buy the stadium, which is at such eye watering rates we'll never pay back the capital. It's the same thing, either way we won't own it. We also don't really own Goodison at the moment due to our borrowings.

Said this a while back but worth reiterating, I can't see anyone shelling out 500 million to buy a stadium with one natural tenant. Without a football club it's hard to see how it makes the return that investors would look for. That means they would be held to ransom by us as much as we would by them. When calculating the risks what would happen if we did decide to leave might make it a no go if they aren't confident bagging 7/8/9+ huge gigs per year.

If the RS did try to swoop in for it then we would almost certainly get Anfield and whilst we wouldn't be happy, it would pale into comparison to how they feel when the seats turn blue there. I'm thinking the fan reaction stops that dead.
Honestly i cant see us moving into Analfield ever being a valid option. Ill park this along with Danjumas flights from Liverpool to Manchester as being a joke.
Realistically i dont think Liverpool would want BMD, although they may be well jell about the iconic location, while they fester at Stanley Park...... expansion opportunities are limited at BMD due to site constraints. They are not going to want to drop capacity by 10k.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back